Author Topic: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Porter

  • Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • **********
  • Posts: 8402
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« on: September 17, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »
With Bruce and Rickey and headed to ole David Ferguson's.  Man what a much needed treat that was for me.  We played call after call, bs'd about turkey hunting and had some excellent food provided by Bruce, Rickey and the Ferguson's.  Ole David's wife can cook one mean Apple Pie!

Food was great and the conversations were even better!  Was nice to finally meet you Rickey and shake your hand!  This fellow knows his turkey hunting for sure!  Got to play several calls we'd never played before! 

David thanks for allowing us to come and visit and you know I enjoy every visit with you!  Cannot wait for our next gathering!  Bruce...  man thanks for bringing the crappie...  I'm glad you fish a lot!!!  That was some of the finest eating I've had in a long time.  Dr. Bruce and Rickey diet we called it.  I told them I'm glad I did my blood work last week :)

Here are some pics from today of the three playing some calls!  And thank goodness... the darn turkey didn't attack me :)










Offline Turkeybuster

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 7065
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:09:37 PM »
Sure looks like Ya'll were having a good time thats what it's all about.

Jon

Offline 3CB

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 2132
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »
Man I know that was a fun day for sure. I don't see your in any of those pics Porter!
Shannon Reese

NURSE GRATCHIT,

hunter22

  • Guest
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »
I just got home and had a blast today. I was like a kid in a candy store with all the great calls around. David just kept bringing out arm fulls of good ones and Bruce, Mike, and myself took a few along to play.

I think Porter is right in that we all ate way too much and I am not sure who told the biggest tale. I sure want to thank Bruce and the Ferguson's for the fine food and the wonderful hospitality showed to us by David and his wife. This was one of those days you look at your watch and think it is wrong because there is no way time could have flown by like this.

I saw the bad turkey of David's but the rain kept him in the barn and I did not get to see him flog anyone. I know Mike sure seemed to keep an eye out in his direction though.   

Offline magnoliagamecalls

  • Jake
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
    • www.magnoliacalls.com
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 09:33:05 PM »
Congrats to all!! Sounds and looks like a good time was had *dance*

Offline Ferguson

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 1315
    • Facebook
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »
It was a good day! Fine company, fine food and some mighty fine calls as well as callers. You all have impressive calls and can use them like they were meant to be.

Except maybe Porter *peep*
We all know about that Osage Reputation

 *lol*

I just had to get that in somehow.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:41:13 PM by Ferguson »
"Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice clean oats you must pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, those come a lot cheaper".

David Ferguson
573 226 5939

Offline turkey stew

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 7376
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »
Sounds like an awesome time was had by all!

Offline fklll

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 1337
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Sounds like a great day for you guys.  *cool* Congrats

Offline West Augusta

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 6423
  • West By God Virginia.
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 05:43:57 AM »
Does look like a great day.
Twitter @WestAugusta        @UnicoiCallShow

Parler  @WestAugusta

trb136

  • Guest
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 07:31:26 AM »
Nothing better than good friends, good food, and good turkey calls

Offline Porter

  • Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • **********
  • Posts: 8402
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
It was a good day! Fine company, fine food and some mighty fine calls as well as callers. You all have impressive calls and can use them like they were meant to be.

Except maybe Porter *peep*
We all know about that Osage Reputation

 *lol*

I just had to get that in somehow.

Now next thing you know David... you'll be telling people I brought calls that didn't have Osage on them  *peep*  You know how rumors get started  *lol*

As for why I wasn't in the pictures... well I respect my camera and didn't want to break it... I let the least ugly ones be the picture people  ROTFLMBO

You had better be ready to run the hills and hollers this fall!  I've been working out (well except for that diet yesterday) and ready to go!

Offline augiedog55

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 3051
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »
 What a day.  *dance*  David Please thank your wife for having us and for the fine food.I'm still stuffed.
 WEll,We are all like kids in a dandy store. *dance*  Swapping  stories ,all the  great calls we got to see and play was awesome.Its hard to say how many turkey died during that session. *peep*. I also got to hear some guys that can flat play  turkey calls.It was a priviledge.
David I always love seeing the old calls from past call makers from Eminence.I also liked getting a call or 2 from the newest callmakers that are carrying on the great Eminence tradition. You and Harley do them proud.
 
 We need to do this again sometime.Tell Harley I love my newest call he made me.  Better watch out David that boy is getting pretty darn good. *lol*

Offline Ferguson

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 1315
    • Facebook
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »
Bruce,
Your encouragement has meant a lot to him. You know how things are if Ol'Dad suggests something *wha* But he took what you told him to heart. I thank you again.

Keep you schedule open and we'll make a gigging trip this fall.

Mike,

I've got a couple flocks located way down a long ridge and across a holler ot two. ;D

I'm in need of the exercise more than anyone.
 *peep*

Thanks again to you all. It's so educating to see how others play a call and what they expect from a call. Without that knowledge it's hard to improve and/or make variations.
 *cheers*
"Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice clean oats you must pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, those come a lot cheaper".

David Ferguson
573 226 5939

Offline AlanKrow

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 4168
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »
Congrats to all!! Sounds and looks like a good time was had *dance*

Offline jmck

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 8930
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
Re: Took the day off and headed to Eminence...
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
congrats guyz----looks and sounds like alot of turkeys were shot at ----really sad to hear the weather had the guard turkey in the barn-----I had slipped Rickey and Auggie some folding money to lock Porter out side with him !!!!
David---have ya taken INVENTORY friend---with dem three---cant never tell what may happen  ;)
glad to hear ya had a great time---thats got to be a great place to visit