Author Topic: Sad news from Scotty Maddux  (Read 557 times)

Offline Porter

  • Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • **********
  • Posts: 8402
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
Sad news from Scotty Maddux
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »
Well i meant to post this about a week ago.. .Scotty contacted me and asked me to post that unfortunately there will not be a Calendar from him this year.  He just switched jobs, built a new house, and has just ran out of time. 

After seeing all the work he does on them last year, I completely understand and I know many of us will really miss them. 

I'm sorry for not posting this sooner, but he's not allowed on the Net really at his job and he doesn't have Internet at home yet. 

He also hasn't had much time for turning calls (no shop there and has to go back to his old shop). 

I chat with him from time to time, but like me.. .he's been crazy busy  *cry*

Offline Daryl

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 3070
Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:57:54 AM »
I hate that. I always enjoyed the calendars and he always did an awesome job.

Offline jmck

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 8930
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »
hope things are settling down Scotty---none of us want ya ending up like PORTER  ;D

Silverspur

  • Guest
Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
The calendars were a pleasure but family and job take priority and that is understood.  Thanks Scotty, for all those great calendars and years of hard work!!!!


 *up*

Offline stevelumma

  • Boss Hen
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
I can relate, but I will miss the calendars dearly  :'(

Offline B-Ready

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 7667
  • BeReady Custom Calls
Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this Scotty, I to looked forward to getting one every year. I hope things settle down for ya soon!!

Offline Porter

  • Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • **********
  • Posts: 8402
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:15 PM »
I talked to Scotty and he's looking into attempting to do them.  Issue is, he doesn't have the information from almost 75% of the people that said they would do it.... 

Without the info, the calendar is nothing...  I'll keep you guys posted!