Author Topic: FoxTrot ammo and IC chokes = Ready for Fall Turkey season!  (Read 114 times)

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
FoxTrot ammo and IC chokes = Ready for Fall Turkey season!
« on: September 29, 2020, 02:01:47 PM »
I was very fortunate to end up with an awesome 11-87 in Greenleaf this summer (found it for a steal).  It's in great shape and finally brought this sucker to life!

FoxTrot ammo (Brice Hensley and if you have not shot them.. they are worth it!!!) in 8.5 TSS in 3".  I wish I could shoot lead, but a lot of our public land requires non toxic shot now.  Indian Creek .670 choke to open the pattern up just a bit :)

Here's the gun and the pattern at 43 yards (stepped off 40 and forgot I had my range finder until after I was done shooting :(

Offline Turkinator56

• Poult
Re: FoxTrot ammo and IC chokes = Ready for Fall Turkey season!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:54:40 PM »
I was very fortunate to end up with an awesome 11-87 in Greenleaf this summer (found it for a steal).  It's in great shape and finally brought this sucker to life!

FoxTrot ammo (Brice Hensley and if you have not shot them.. they are worth it!!!) in 8.5 TSS in 3".  I wish I could shoot lead, but a lot of our public land requires non toxic shot now.  Indian Creek .670 choke to open the pattern up just a bit :)

Here's the gun and the pattern at 43 yards (stepped off 40 and forgot I had my range finder until after I was done shooting :(

What a great pattern! Brice knows how to put a load together!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline firedup

• Boss Tom
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »
That will definetly do the trick!  Love that old pattern.

Offline Turkinator

• Poult
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 09:55:44 PM »
 That 1187 is in as good of shape as Iíve seen in a long time in that pattern!

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 05:34:54 AM »
That 1187 is in as good of shape as Iíve seen in a long time in that pattern!

I about rolled over when I saw it.  I went right to it.  They had 475 on it, I walked out the door at 425 with it ....  they went to 400 on it and @ 25 for taxes.  It's probably 95% condition.  It's like brand new!  I wasn't sure I had the real deal at first.  The reception where I was at was awful.  I was trying to do research, yet not over due it and make them suspicious. 

I've been offered 4x what I paid and a guy at work keeps tempting me with 2500 for it.  I see this one being passed down to my kiddo :)

Offline crow

• Poult
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 10:41:59 AM »
Nice TSS pattern, those 8.5's will be a hammer.

Foxtrot has been putting out some sweet looking patterns, good option for people that don't reload