Author Topic: Weekend at McKamey's  (Read 792 times)


Offline fargobox

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 2368
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
It sure sounds like y'all did have fun!  Glad to hear you also had extra friends and callmakers to make it even more festive.  Now, on the woodburning front...well, let's just say it ain't that hard when you're tracing a pattern.  Why don't ya go ahead and give us a close up on that wood burning huh?...Sure, just go ahead!! *peep*

Nice set of calls Brent!

Offline B-Ready

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 7667
  • BeReady Custom Calls
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »
Scott have you ever heard of the 20 foot rule.....  *bowing* It's awesome man!!  8)

Offline fargobox

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 2368
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Yep, at 20' everything looks good, especially with sunglasses on *lol*

Offline Joe Dirt

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 609
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
at 20 ft with some apple pie--to quote willy nelsons song.. 10 was a 2... *lol*   some apple pie and 20 ft away---a lot of things look GOOD!!!  haha.   man I cant believe I missed out on the trip--wont do dat again!!!  and thanks for the gift stoner!  sounds like ya'll had a blast and mopin that I wasn't there this time---hope the gift helped out somewhat though, i'll make up for it next year brother


Offline nx95240

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 619
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
I was glad to hand out with you two for sure all ways fun around you all. I think we need to take up money to get jeff more long box lids.. ROTFLMBO but cannot wait until feb. at Nashville WHAT A TIME WE WILL HAVE.. *up* *up* *up* *up* *up* *up*

Offline Shadetree Callers

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 5224
  • Bagging Big Buckeye Birds and Bucks
    • SHADETREE CALLERS
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 11:04:29 PM »
Sounds like a good time was had by all .
SHADETREE CALLERS...
    Treat people the same way you want them to treat you

Offline Ghost Maker Calls

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 1891
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 04:35:26 AM »
It was great meeting up with you and Frank and it has been too long since I stopped by to see ole snakeboots.  Looking forward to spending some more time with ya'll in Nashville! 

Offline Silverspur

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 244643
  • I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 06:43:14 AM »
Sounds like a great weekend and I only got texts at 1AM and no apple pie phone calls.  Calls look great and I did hear one and it sounded mighty fine to my old ears. The most important part is you had fun and everyone got home safely on a holiday weekend. 

 *up*

trb136

  • Guest
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 07:17:46 AM »
Just what till McKamey starts an inventory of his calls... *lol*  There will be all kinds of  *poo* missing... ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO  Nice ones Brent glad you boys made it home safe...

Offline B-Ready

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 7667
  • BeReady Custom Calls
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 08:26:01 AM »
Just what till McKamey starts an inventory of his calls... *lol*  There will be all kinds of  *poo* missing... ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO  Nice ones Brent glad you boys made it home safe...
Frank had big fun changing the posted notes around on all of Jeff's calls  ??? Going to take him awhile to figure out what goes to whom ......   *peep* That Frank is becoming quite the prankster  *lol*

Offline Silverspur

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 244643
  • I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 08:49:31 AM »
How many of Jeff's collectable calls did you guys walk away with  *peep* that he will never miss cause he doesn't remember that he has them?  *lol*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:50:02 AM by Silverspur »

Offline jmck

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 8930
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:09:36 AM »
Yep - the 20 foot rule applies here Scott- we started to pull up your last post and one up ya on it, but just before they left Brent threw that call at me a wanted something burned- with only a few minutes, I didn't think I cold do a flock, mountains, barns and the like-I didn't really want to take the wind out of your sail buddy!!  ROTFLMBO
I did learn- lease is more though  ;D- the dogwoods are kinda dark !!.... But it's only Brent's call. Right  *lol*
On a serious note, frank showed up with a Brinks truck of calls!! Let me say, the boy has a pile of mighty FINE calls. He has it going on and I'm proud for him. Brent even sent me a sound file yesterday and he made one at home- way to finally quit cleaning your shop and planning Brent and finally get into making a few !!!
Was glad Ed made it too- he brought a great canarywood call he slipped me before he left too- it's a good un ain't it Kentucky boyz  ;).
And Frank- if ya screwed with my post it notes- it ain't that far a drive to yer house either  *fall* >!!
Brian had his work - turning some mighty fine horn these days too !!
And then ole " get the pipe up"-Harden made an apps fence- we had a great time with friends getting together sharing a lifestyle we all cherish- that's what it's all about.....I am surprised some of the pics have not surfaced yet .....
Had a blast brothers and loved having y'all here
Thanks for visiting
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:12:12 AM by jmck »

Offline nx95240

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 619
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 10:47:47 AM »
I am really shock that no pic are up yet. I cannot wit for this to happen..thank Jeff for the night e words about my horns I couldn't done it without the help of the man.

Offline West Augusta

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 6423
  • West By God Virginia.
Re: Weekend at McKamey's
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »
Pictures?  I'm still trying to figure out what the heck this one is.   *lol* *lol*  It was texted to me sometime late one evening.   *lol* *lol*

Twitter @WestAugusta        @UnicoiCallShow

Parler  @WestAugusta