Author Topic: MACASSAR/ CAROBOA New Pics added.  (Read 6806 times)

Southern Spur

MACASSAR/ CAROBOA New Pics added.
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »
The Latest from the Spur Shop. The Bell is a bit slimmer, than I wanted, Tool caught it, and had to slim the Outer diameter a bit, the Bell will be a bit more Pronounced, this is the first One in this Design, I will call them the  DINNER BELL.  All comments, Opinions, Greatly appreciated.  8)  ;D

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:28:41 AM by Southern Spur »

Offline turkey stew

• Boss Tom
Re: MACASSAR/ CAROBOA
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:09:27 PM »
Sharp looking trumpet! *dance* How does she run?

Offline muddpuppi

• Boss Tom
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »
Spur i think the design looks fine to me and think it will even look better with the more pronouced bell... *up*

Offline Bulldogmikey

• Boss Tom
  • R.I.P. from the Osage Roost Family
    • m2calls
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »
Very nice Jeff, heard my first Spur trumpet this week.

Mike
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Offline KPcalls

• Boss Tom
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »
I see a few that need to comment. I am not building these for any other reason, than Passion for the GAME. That is it. If you want a Hunting call, that will KILL TURKEYS, this Call will do it, all day, everyday. This to me is a Tool, for Killing Turkeys, and that is it. I will not enter contest's, I could give a darn. I want them in the field, Killing Birds. There are a LOT of Great call makers out there, making  Great calls. All, will kill birds. This, is One of them, a Very good, Hunting call. If you run one, it will be on your neck come season. Plenty of Great trumpet builders, I am not comparing these to any others, it is just a Hunting call, and a darn good one. I have had my fill of the Politics in this Game, Just want to build calls and have them hunted with success, these will do just that. I no longer care what is said, I truly do not. Just want to build calls, and Turkey hunt. Have a great day, hope Ya'll like her.

Calm down Spur....... :-\  It will be OK.....I'm commenting because this post is to funny not too.... ROTFLMBO.    As usual you start out with your self praising BS... You did buy the digital voice recorder you been swearing to buy to record your calls, but the only thing you recorded was someome else's box call.......... Get over yourself, and stop whinning....... ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:04:57 PM by KPcalls »
If your going to play the game, play by the rules.....

Offline Gobbleking57

• Boss Tom
  • Become one with the birds........
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 08:59:04 PM »
Hey, if it will kill turkeys I got to have one....thats all that matters to me....I've seen 5 or 6 different trumpet makers I thought built really great looking trumpets....politics be da..ed I don't care who built it if it gets the job done.Kudos to you Spur for trying to satisfy the masses but just do what feels good to you and enjoy your hobby..... *cool*
Dare to be different.........

Offline Turkeybuster

• Boss Tom
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »
Looks like a hunter to me nice job Jeff.
Jon   *up*

Offline mmclain

• Boss Hen
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »
like the shape of the stem........

loose the lump.......reminds me of a blue heron that swallowed a large frog.......and got stuck in the middle.....

matt

Offline KPcalls

• Boss Tom
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »
Hey, if it will kill turkeys I got to have one....thats all that matters to me....I've seen 5 or 6 different trumpet makers I thought built really great looking trumpets....politics be da..ed I don't care who built it if it gets the job done.Kudos to you Spur for trying to satisfy the masses but just do what feels good to you and enjoy your hobby..... *cool*

Kang, What the hail you talking about...........

"Kudos to you Spur for trying to satisfy the masses "...... the last version was a pizz poor attempt of a cOx knock off....I bet ole cOx got a good laugh at that one..... ROTFLMBO  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:19:35 PM by KPcalls »

Offline KPcalls

• Boss Tom
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
 Kang,  Spur could send you a trumpet, and you could do a sound file for him....... ;D

Offline JLCcalls

• Boss Tom
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 09:58:54 PM »
Looks good to me spur!   I like the way the colors jump in that 2nd and last pic.  Great job my friend.

Offline Shadetree Callers

• Boss Tom
  • Bagging Big Buckeye Birds and Bucks
    • SHADETREE CALLERS
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 11:05:06 PM »
Very nice caller !!
SHADETREE CALLERS...
    Treat people the same way you want them to treat you

Offline mmclain

• Boss Hen
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 11:07:29 PM »
Matt, If i lose the Hump, will just start more  .

I dont really like it, and will change as I progress on the Lathe. I will be makeing Many styles of diff calls, all Trumpets.

sounds like your going to change it.......

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 06:15:39 AM »
Spur I think you are going down the right path!  I need to look at it for awhile to say if I really like the hump or not, but as long as it plays...  that's all I would carry about.

Hopefully this will stop a lot of your drama on your callers!

BigTomsCalls

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 07:56:37 AM »
Jeff loose the hump!!! As far as the drama go's there is only so much you can do with the looks of a trumpet. I myself like nice clean lines!!! I know that this can be hard to achieve without people saying that your are copying anothers design. There is one guy that says all trumpets are copy's of his!! *wha*