July 23, 2019, 10:01:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting Calls with a 55 year history!  (Read 1292 times)
Jake St. John
« on: June 24, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »

I known that I am a NEWBIE on here, but not new to callmaking.

Here a few pictures of carved hunting calls with a history dating back to the mid 50's.  Back when Tom Turpin was making calls in Memphis, a local callmaker at Rosedale, Ms. by the name of Stribling was making hunting calls for new turkey hunters up and down the Ms. River.  He sold them out of his Otasco store in Rosedale, Ms.  These call are written up in East of the Slash by Wade S. Wineman Jr.  Wade and I have been friends for 30 years and I have been making this style of hunting calls for 25 years.  We use these calls in the hugh bottomland between the levee's.  The advantage that this call has is that is extremely loud, but can make the softest tree calls.  They are tuned raspy.  I make one in a gobbling model with a mature gobble, and the other a cuttin and cackling model.

The call on the hugh 21 lb. , 11 inch beard, 1 1/2 inch spurred bird is a call that I made in 1987 and the bird was killed this past spring.  It is a cutting and cackling model, walnut/mahogany.   The other two calls were made this past year for a friend of my son in Jackson, Ms.  and representative of the calls I make.  The one with the notch is a Gator Gobbling Stribling that has a mahogany box and cherry lid.  The other call is cuttin and cackling box in walnut with a mahogany lid.

I don't have a website, but you could e-mail me at jleddleman@yahoo.com or PM me on here.
I do have a waiting list.

Thank's for looking  Gobble Gobble
John Eddleman

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:19:52 AM by Jake St. John » Logged
augiedog55
Boss Tom

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »

John,  Welcome to OR Those are some beautiful calls you  make. Keep posting your calls

Bulldogmikey
Boss Tom

R.I.P. from the Osage Roost Family

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »

Thanks John! Glad you joined and are posting calls!

Mike

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
letinmfly
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:16:33 PM »

Sharp calls for sure!!  Thumbs Up
AlanKrow
Boss Tom

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:49:31 PM »

Sharp calls for sure!!  Thumbs Up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: