Author Topic: a heirloom call from Lamar Williams and Kelly Puckett  (Read 4562 times)

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
a heirloom call from Lamar Williams and Kelly Puckett
« on: July 20, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
Just recieved a heirloom call for sure made by Lamar Williams and decorated perfectly by Kelly Puckett. I have quite a few Lamar boxes from our long friendship, so I figured it was time for me to add a decorated call to the stable of his calls. He was willing to make me one to send to Kelly Puckett whose work and talent are beyond words. I sent Kelly pictures from a hunt of mine in Fla, and described what I was looking for, and did she nail it. On one side -it represents the "Big Oak area", has to be the biggest Live Oak in Fla, and on the other side is a group of two year actors that I played with one day for almost two hours passing countless shots. The lid portrays the bird I took on that trip that had 1 7/8" spurs. I am proud of this call from two great friends who I respect emensly-it represents a special hunt I had in Fla. The call Lamar made is Alaskian Yellow Cedar and Eastern Red Cedar.

Offline purr-master

• Boss Hen
Re: a heirloom call from Lamar Williams and Kelly Puckett
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:40:36 PM »
Awesome looking call buddy.  Ernie

Offline Mmcdonald

• Boss Tom
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
Fantastic!! Congrats Jeff!

Offline firedup

• Boss Tom
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 09:08:26 PM »
Good Gracious that is just stunning.....

Just curious, when you folks have a call built like this one, do you write down the details of the hunt or whatever made it so special so it remains with the call (hopefully forever)?  I guess the thought is that some day us old dudes are gonna be gone or won't remember.  That call will always be awesome. Forever. An heirloom for sure....but the history behind it.  Just thinking out loud, sort of.

Offline Turkeybuster

• Boss Tom
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 10:49:19 AM »
That is a Outstanding call Jeff Congrats. it will always bring back memories.

Jon

Offline Ferguson

• Boss Tom
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »
That's a good looking call. *cool*
"Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice clean oats you must pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, those come a lot cheaper".

David Ferguson
573 226 5939

Offline Sir-diealot

• Poult
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 01:59:12 PM »
 *up* That's incredible.