Author Topic: 2016 season in review  (Read 2295 times)

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
2016 season in review
« on: May 27, 2016, 12:43:31 PM »
2016 came and went what seemed like way too fast...seemed that all the very short nights with virtually no sleep, made memories that will once again last a lifetime. It all started in Florida, where I had a bonus trip threw at me to take a young man named Riley in the southern zone for a hunt on his land--I jump on the opportunity to go and get to set with him on two great hunts. After that--the posse' got together for our first hunt all together. The gang included Mike McDonald(dr feelgood), Clint Corder(choirboy),Frank Kruer(Oscar), Brent Stoner(Felix) and myself. We had a great trip that included us all getting birds , and also one of us missed in front of everyone setting 25 yds back watching  *peep*. Georgia opened next, opening day found me and my buddy Brian Watts set up on his land where he took a great double beard. Georgia progressed and finally Tennessee opened up. Had opening weekend with Marlin and Ronnie here at my place where Steve and even Clint helped us stay on birds from the east Tenn mtns to middle Tenn. The next stop found me and Don Wittenburg in Kentucky for my first time hunting that state--it produced my biggest bird of the year--a great double beard with real solid spurs. Then it was on to Ohio to hunt with Marlin and Ronnie with David Williams. Had a great hunt there =-David had the usual "horseshoe up his ...) and I didn't get the opportunity at a gobbler there, but did try my sneaking ability to recover a bird David had missed two days earlier---a great story with this one....we refer to that ole bird as Clyde now--from the move Every Which Way but loose. When I snuck up on the bird and it saw me--it looked just like Clyde from the movie...... Here are some pics of my gobblers and the guys I hunted with this season.Thanks to my cherished friends for the memories and the time in the spring woods together---its priceless
Flordia birds

Tennesse birds

Georgia Birds

Kentucky Birds

great hunts with some super friends,.....
Riley in South Florida ...

Marlin and Ronnie

Ronnie and Steve

Clint Corder and Me

Brian Watts

Aubie Smith

Ohio
Marlin and David(aka"HORSESHOE")

and the infamous Clyde ..... ROTFLMBO

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:04:30 PM by jmck »

Offline West Augusta

• Boss Tom
  • West By God Virginia.
Re: 2016 season in review
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 07:24:23 PM »
No wonder I couldn't find any gobblers this year.  You killed em all.  Congrats on another great year Jeff and the offer to be your caddy next year stands.  *lol*
Twitter @WestAugusta        @UnicoiCallShow

Parler  @WestAugusta

Offline B-Ready

• Boss Tom
  • BeReady Custom Calls
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 09:21:33 PM »
Man, what  a season to remember.... You lodged some serious time in the turkey woods this year my friend. Thanks for letting me witness that awesome Miss in FL ...  :o  ;D Congrats on a great Season Jeff !!

Offline Mmcdonald

• Boss Tom
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 06:07:00 PM »
Congrats on a great season Jeff! It was great getting to spend time in FL with you and the other guys. Looking forward to the next one!

Offline firedup

• Boss Tom
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:39:35 PM »
You just got on your bike and went and spanked em all over the place!!  ;D  Congrats!!  Great season!!  *up*

Offline EZ

• Jake
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 08:05:09 AM »
Great recap. Beautiful pics!!!

Offline AlabamaDave

• Boss Tom
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 08:11:53 AM »
Congrats Jeff!

Offline Hookspur

• Jenny
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »
Looks like a heckuva good year.....congrats and thanks for all the great pics!

Offline Joe Dirt

• Boss Tom
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 12:00:23 AM »
A cool bunch o' turkey thugs there!  Looks like great times were had there.  Congrats to all of you