Author Topic: 2016 Florida  (Read 2042 times)

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
2016 Florida
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »
Florida 2016 was a great season and filled with great memories with some great friends and hunting buddies. I was preparing for the gangs hunt in central zone opener, and got a phone call to see if I was interested in taking a landowners son for a bird or two on a piece of virgin land that was supposed to have plenty of gobblers. I jumped at the chance. I was on the road in two days and picked up 17 year old Riley, who is 6'7" and a whopping 290 lbs. He's full grown to say the least !! Riley got us into a area the first morning and we found ourselves around three gobbeling birds on the roost. They hit the ground and a shortbox and a Corder pot had Riley a bird flopping in about 20 minutes. Our next trip out found us on yet another great bird that had great spurs but had broke both the ends off....Riley was a blast to hunt with and the grin shows it all. I left the southern zone on Sunday and returned with the gang of killers on Friday that same week. The gang included Mike McDonald, Clint Corder, Frank Kruer, Brent Stoner and myself. It was everyones first Osceola hunt other than Mike and myself. The first morning every one found success...we went 5 for 5. Mike and Myself continued to hunt and the others tagged along to play with us . Sunday afternoon, with Stoner, Corder,and Kruer had a seat to witness me totally "WHIFF" a shot on a actor that came straight to us. Boy did I catch a wrath from the boys about the missed shot. As soon as I turned around, all I could see from them was grins and them texting everyone they could thing of.....We finished up that hunt and I left the gang and went to my special place to finish out the trip. I found a player Monday evening and set up shop for the hunt Tuesday. Slipped in and got out a purr pot and he turned around on the limb and double gobbled and flew down and here he came straight to the gun. Florida was over...what a great time with the gang and being able to finish up on my sacred ground in central Fla....we already have plans to go to Nebraska next year and try our luck there--really looking forward to that trip also.

Offline B-Ready

• Boss Tom
  • BeReady Custom Calls
Re: 2016 Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:35:23 PM »
That's a big man there Jeff... Congrats to both of you all on a stellar hunt.

Offline Silverspur

• Boss Tom
  • I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 04:52:40 PM »
Congrats to all on a great Florida hunt! *up*

Offline Mmcdonald

• Boss Tom
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 08:15:45 PM »
Congrats on all your FL successes! Had a great time hunting with everyone. Congrats to everyone on their first Osceolas. Can't wait to head to NE and create some more memories and more great stories!!

Offline AlabamaDave

• Boss Tom
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
Congrats to everyone!...That boy makes that turkey and you look small!  LOL

Offline fargobox

• Boss Tom
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »
Ya dun it up strong once again Jeff!  Congrats!!!

Offline GR8CALLS

• Boss Tom
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »
Well done, Jeff! Congrats on the start of another successful Spring season!  *up* *up* *up* *up*

Bill
I'm not shy.......I'm just studying my prey!!!

The True Measure of A Man Will be Found in His Words and Deeds!

If The Enemy is in Range......So Are You!

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 12:42:03 PM »
Great job by all!

Offline VGJ5

• Boss Hen
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »
Nice job, Jeff!  That sure is a motley crew  *lol*

"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible." - Tom Kelly