Author Topic: South Georgia Taxidermist That I Can Recommend.  (Read 853 times)

Offline Stoned

• Jake
South Georgia Taxidermist That I Can Recommend.
« on: April 27, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »
I wanted to give a reference to a deserving taxidermist in South Georgia named Steve Young of Artistic Taxidermy. Last Saturday Steve met me at his shop on the south-side of Valdosta, Ga.; Steve is normally closed on Saturday’s. This is the second turkey that I have taken to Steve, the first bird was an Osceola and Steve did a great job on a flying mount. I get favorable comments whenever anyone sees that mount. I have to drive three hours to get to Steve’s place in Valdosta, there are many taxidermists that are closer and cost less but I know with Steve’s work I will get a good mount. The first time I used Steve he was working out of his house, now he has a shop on Madison HWY; he had many of other works on display, many turkey mounts, deer, and Largemouth Bass (skin mounts). After looking at his Largemouth Bass mounts it makes me want to go bass fishing like I use to. Steve is a personable young man and I can highly recommend his work. You can have it done for less money elsewhere but I know with Steve’s work it is good to look good, and the work is going to be done the right way (without shortcuts), and the trophy will last a lifetime. His website is http://www.artisticwaterfowl.com/ and his phone number is: 229-259-9431. The prices on his website are not correct, his site got hacked and he cannot make changes on the site.