Author Topic: dakota extreme hen decoy  (Read 4935 times)

Offline dconstantine

• Jake
Re: dakota extreme hen decoy
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »
john, thank you for your compliments. although "left handed" as they are. I find it interesting that you would use my posts to "band wagon" your opinions and express innuendo regarding my work and affiliations, especially on a public forum. I have spent 42 years perfecting my craft and 35 years trying to make a living as a full-time , call maker, painter , and carver. I personally could never imagine words that might even remotely damage a fellas livelihood. I have a lot of friends here, john , and simply wanted to share with them. thank you, dave

Offline NYgobbler

• Boss Hen
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
That decoy looks AMAZINGLY realistic! Great job... *up* *up* *up* *up*

I rarely use decoys, however, I personally don't think there is another decoy on the market that even comes remotely close to as real as that hen looks.....Super NICE!!!

Offline fargobox

• Boss Tom
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »
Dave we are spoiled with your talents..and glad to see they sought the best for this commission.  Dave, if you are still 'perfecting' your talents, you need not on my account because I truly believe you have reached the top.  You are blessed and indeed you do have many friends, hopefully I fit in there somewhere ;)...don't change a thing IMO! *bowing* *bowing*
Scott

Offline Spring Dragon

• Boss Tom
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 03:57:27 PM »
Dave,
   You did a fantastic job.  Your artistry and many years of experience has truly come full circle on this project.  To take a block of wood and create such realism is stunning in the mind and with the eye.  As a man who has studied your many works over the years trying to craft and mold myself as a carver... all I can say is amazing.  Just so you know....you inspire and have inspired me in so many ways and I thank you for that.  Thank you so much for sharing your God given talents with us all over the years. Great job my friend.  Sincerely---Jason

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »
Dave-
your work and contribution to the community we all cherish is greatly appreciated my friend. You are a fine gentleman who is always pleasant and supportive of others. We appreciate and honor your work and please continue to share it with us members here...we enjoy seeing it
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:23:02 PM by jmck »

Offline Houlihan

• Boss Hen
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »
I have long admired your carvings, Dave. And I marvel at this one. I dearly wish I could see it in person.
Mike

Offline GSLAM95

• Boss Tom
  • Lookin forward to hearing em sing in the spring!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
John, while it is clear that you support american products ...when possible, you have already admitted to selling foreign made products to your customers at an inflated price. But what i don't think is appropriate is using this forum to bash the most successful decorative callmaker in history. I also find it insulting that you have used Dave's posts to advertise for someone else. Lets try to keep this forum free from personal attacks against another member. So you dont agree with an American artist making money from an American company just because they use a chinese manufacture.  You shouldn't post that kind of stuff in public view because that shows that it is being done to cause harm to the callmaker. My Mom taught me that if I didnt have something nice to say , then dont say anything at all. This great forum has survived because we dont allow that kind of behavior. Dave is my friend and he has done absolutely nothing that deserves your comments. Play nice!

Selling products at MSRP is not an inflated price.  I have stated in the past that i only special order foreign made products and do not stock them when there is an alternative.
Call my personal views in my post what you want but I have made no personal attacks.  I stated my personal views and opinion. 
I would expect nothing different than a fellow call maker friend to back another.  It is your opinion and you are entitled to it just as I am mine. 
If this discussion is taken as a personal attack then you are sadly wrong.  What you have typed is far greater a personal attack than anything i have said, especially with what i rebutted in my first sentence   
you said you were taught to say nothing bob unless it was positive yet look at what response you gave towards me.  Again it is my personal opinion and view of what is killing our economy. I care about this country and where product production is being done  i consider Dave Smith a friend so why should I not speak up in his favor just as you do your friend!
 I am done with this thread. 
Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right.  It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Turkeycaller

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 08:16:26 AM »
Dave,

In my humble opinion that is one of the "FINEST" carvings I have ever seen. *up* *up*
Thanks for sharing the progressions and the final results with us.

Dave

trb136

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 08:58:41 AM »
Fantastic Job Dave as always...Thank you for sharing your talent. Its amazing. You are a true professional..

Offline TRKYHTR

• Boss Tom
    • Mother Lode Turkey Calls
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
I just want to know how heavy that thing is and if the stake is reinforced to hold all that wood up? LOL Great job Dave.

TRKYHTR

Offline Skeeter

• Poult
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 04:59:25 PM »
 *gobble*