July 19, 2019, 06:43:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honduras Rosewood/Yellow Heart with Canarywood/Red Heart Box Call  (Read 374 times)
Austy
Boss Hen

« on: April 18, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »

This Box call has one piece end blocks and base which is Honduras Rosewood with Yellow Heart blades glued to the base and end blocks.  The Lid is Canarywood with 1/8" Red Heart inlays the length of it.  This combination of exotic woods was an experiment on my part because I have never used any of these woods to build a box.  I thought that it would be a pretty box but had no idea going into it how it was going to sound, but thought to myself that it would just have to sound good.  Well I wasn't disappointed once I put it together.  Its a little on the high pitch side but has a nice roll over.
I asked the new owner if he would mind if I experiment with some woodburning on the call and he was all in, thanks for having some faith in me Josh.  A feather on the lid, 2 gobblers standing in a farm field on one side and on the other, its supposed to be a gobbler walking thru a water hole, at least in my mind:)

I hope that the new owner enjoys his new box and rolls a few NY long beards with it this spring season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: