Author Topic: They Were Called Christians  (Read 671 times)

Offline Bulldogmikey

• Boss Tom
  • R.I.P. from the Osage Roost Family
    • m2calls
They Were Called Christians
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
They Were Called Christians

Acts :11:26 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.”

My “burner” has been turned down to simmer. Not by someone else mind you, no one can do that but me. I was awakened last night in the wee hours of the morning with a burden on my heart. I wasn’t spending enough good quality time with my Bible and the Holy Spirit. Oh I could blame health, circumstance but truth is I have no excuse. I know by memory a lot of scripture and have used that more and more to “accommodate” my needs and life’s problems. Mind you, as long as you don’t use scripture memory to “justify” you actions there isn’t anything necessarily wrong with it. There is just a more fulfilling way.
I miss the days and weeks of sermon preparation, hours of study, putting scripture in context, making sure that the Holy Spirit was my teacher. Then stepping into the pulpit and delivering a message that I was certain was from God! That’s when the burner was red hot! Well I am turning the burner up again!
Notice the passage “Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people” we grow when we study the word of God. And also, “The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.” They didn’t call themselves Christians, the people of the world call them Christ like, “Christian”.
When the Holy Spirit has tools, “The Word of God” to work with, marvelous things happen. We stop pointing fingers and start looking in the mirror! We use scripture to help and grow closer to God, not beat others over the head with it. We start to resemble Christ, meek, kind, gentle, compassionate, generous, loving and always doing the fathers business.
I am but one, We together are an Army. I am going to be changed by this, hope you will join me.
So dust off that Bible, meet with God’s Holy Spirit and find a new joy, a new you and the world may say, there is a Christian if I have ever seen one!

Bro. Mike
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.