Author Topic: Wild Turkey and Deer Ka-BoBs  (Read 1456 times)

Offline LH

• Jake
Wild Turkey and Deer Ka-BoBs
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »
I use one breat and one pack of back strap. This will feed around 10 to 12 mine have 4 pieces of meat per Ka-Bob.
 Cut meat in cubes and place in big bowl.

Have 3 to 4 bell peppers cut up in small pieces.

Have 3 onions cut in small pieces.

One pound of smoke sasauge cut in not too thick round pieces.

You can use big dill pickels or spears to cut up.

Cheery tomatos couple dozen.

Here is your turn add any thing you like mushrooms do good also.

Pepper and galic salt meat in bowl.

A couple big spoons of yellow mustard.

Pleanty of worcestershire sauce... I was looking at the bottle no way would have gotten that and Zesty Italian mix 1/2 of each.

You can use your favorite blends this is just mine.

A little red wine not to much the rest will come in handy cooking and eating.  *cheers*

Now take off watch and rings and get in there with your hands and work it all together good.
  Let marinade all day or over night.

You will need 4 or 5 packs of bacon. It depends on how much you are preparing you can scale it all back.

I cut my bacon in 1/2 or 3 times, you need only make one round around each piece of meat.

On my stikes I go bell pepper, meat, onion, sasuage, pickel, tomato then start over.

Have coals white and place on grill, It does not take long when the bacon is done the vegis, will be close. Be sure   your grill will close good bacon will drip and flame up so be ready if this happens.

Have potato salad on side with backed beans and garlic bread.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:39:47 PM by LH »
"I have only met one true psychic that could hear you think and see you change your mind." The Wild Turkey.

Offline shad309

• Osage Roost
  • Boss Tom
Re: Wild Turkey and Deer Ka-BoBs
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »
Looks great man!!!  RkLu

Little tip for the bacon- if you blanch the bacon first it wont flare up as much. it cuts down on the salt and it also cuts down on the smokines but your grill will add that back in  ;D

to blanch bacon, fill a pan two-thirds full with water and bring it to a boil. Add the bacon 3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.

That's what I do for my skewers and it really helps!

Offline Bulldogmikey

• Boss Tom
  • R.I.P. from the Osage Roost Family
    • m2calls
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »
They sure look good!

Mike
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Offline LH

• Jake
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »
Thanks guys shad309 thanks for the tip never heard of it but will be sure to give it a try.
"I have only met one true psychic that could hear you think and see you change your mind." The Wild Turkey.