Author Topic: Gunners First Break  (Read 673 times)

Offline Hobie

• Boss Tom
Gunners First Break
« on: September 11, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »
Thor invited me up to his land to try and find Gunner some birds to break.This was the first time I meet Thor so we went for breakfast then off to the woods.The first field on his horse farm there they are.We let the birds get into the woods and then we go in after them.Gunner got on the scent and went into a differnt disposition then I ever seen him have.He then leaped and jumped like there was no tomorrow and got on to the scent and away he went.He ranged about 75 to 100 yards out and to are right we see one bird fly.Gunner did awesome for his first time seeing turkeys.

The second flock of birds we saw we let get into the woods we go in come around the corner and there they are at 50 yards when they saw us they all took flight so we did not get a break .Gunner did scent the woods where they where at and ranged about 50 to 75 yards looking for them

Then the funny part of the story.On the way out Thor and I are talking we look over there is Gunner eating Horse poop.I told him stop he looks at me and then rolls in it

Here is pictures of his first break

I thought you would be bigger

Offline Turkeybuster

• Boss Tom
Re: Gunners First Break
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 04:39:03 PM »
Good deal Job I know that makes you feel good.
Jon  *cheers*

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »
Although I've never trained a turkey dog, I can only imagine the excitement you had in seeing your training come to fruition.

Gunner sure is growing up!!!

Offline Yankee

• Jake
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
Nice! *up*

Offline Morgan

• Boss Tom
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 05:12:33 PM »
Proud for you Hobie....keep working with him....listen to jOe...and you'll have you a fine turkey dog....
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...

Offline turkey stew

• Boss Tom
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Although I've never trained a turkey dog, I can only imagine the excitement you had in seeing your training come to fruition.

Gunner sure is growing up!!!
RkLu

Offline thundrchikin

• Jake
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 06:36:58 PM »
Congrats Hob on the first break with your pup.Nothin like it.Good luck this fall. *up*

Offline Bulldogmikey

• Boss Tom
  • R.I.P. from the Osage Roost Family
    • m2calls
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »
Congrats Hob on the first break with your pup.Nothin like it.Good luck this fall. *up*

Amen! Go get um Job!
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Offline KPcalls

• Boss Tom
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 07:37:54 PM »
 Sounds like yall had a good time...and the pup did very well.  I forgot to ask Thor where the dog road home at...... ;D
If your going to play the game, play by the rules.....

Silverspur

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
great pics. RkLu