Author Topic: How many deer hunt  (Read 5451 times)

Dcoleinpa

Re: How many deer hunt
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 12:34:35 PM »
I am bowhunting nut!! I would like to do fall turkey hunting but... here in Pa it starts the first two weeks
 Nov. That's "PRIME Time" ! Big bucks are chasing some does, and working their scrape!

ooo i know that drives me nuts. i will forsure be out that last week of fall turkey though and hopfully NY too

Offline Bulldogmikey

• Boss Tom
  • R.I.P. from the Osage Roost Family
    • m2calls
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 05:35:18 PM »
Was my religion for most of my life! (Christiantity is my faith). Miss it something terrible.

Mike
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:59 AM »
Spur dude you have to do me a favor, take a picture of the area down there.  I've seen one picture from Charlie and was amazed at what it looked like.  I thought we had it rough up here in MO, but I was like... how the heck do you go through that!

It's about time for me to start rolling through making jerky!

Offline hun10

• Jenny
  • Ready for fall!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »
I like to deer hunt.  I was really big into it a few years ago and have just not been as gung ho about it as of late.  I will go out and try to get one with a bow, but come October I want to get into a flock of birds.   *up*

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
I like to deer hunt.  I was really big into it a few years ago and have just not been as gung ho about it as of late.  I will go out and try to get one with a bow, but come October I want to get into a flock of birds.   *up*

I knew I'd corrupt you sooner or later!!!

Offline drabndouble

• Boss Hen
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 05:17:48 AM »
Been at for 30 years . I ain't killed as many as most but enjoyed it . Twenty years of traditional . Took several with a short barreled 45 colt. That handgun hunting is probably my favorite . I have stopped hunting with the 45 just to preserve my hearing for the turkey hunting . I souped up an old H&R Topper 20ga for the regular gun season . Cut off the choke and scoped it up . I'm really impressed with it . It'll put 3 outta 3 shots in a 3 inch bullseye at 100yrds.
Primitive hunt with a 50 cal. Lyman Great Plains rifle.
I have completely quit the archery . Not that I don't enjoy it , but my old shoulders and elbows just won't allow for consistent shooting .

To be completely honest , I would not hunt deer if I could be turkey hunting instead .

Offline Bulldogmikey

• Boss Tom
  • R.I.P. from the Osage Roost Family
    • m2calls
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »
Been at for 30 years . I ain't killed as many as most but enjoyed it . Twenty years of traditional . Took several with a short barreled 45 colt. That handgun hunting is probably my favorite . I have stopped hunting with the 45 just to preserve my hearing for the turkey hunting . I souped up an old H&R Topper 20ga for the regular gun season . Cut off the choke and scoped it up . I'm really impressed with it . It'll put 3 outta 3 shots in a 3 inch bullseye at 100yrds.
Primitive hunt with a 50 cal. Lyman Great Plains rifle.
I have completely quit the archery . Not that I don't enjoy it , but my old shoulders and elbows just won't allow for consistent shooting .

To be completely honest , I would not hunt deer if I could be turkey hunting instead .
i'm a big deer hunting fan as well.  i love venison and love the calming affect that sitting in the deer woods affords me.  i enjoy the rush of bowhunting more and plan on doing the majority of my hunting this year with bow only.  however, the gun needs to bark as well.  i hope to get a doe or two during bow season and then concentrate on going after a mature deer.

That is good advice. Any serious deer hunter knows how scent plays a major role with the big bucks especially!

Mike

i'm an absolute scent freak as well.  some people buy it, some don't, but it gives me confidence.  i do the whole 9 yds.  shower in the morning with scent free soap, wash all clothes with scent free detergent, store all clothes in scent proof bags and don't get dressed until i am out of the truck, where rubber boots etc. and most importantly, play the wind.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Offline Ghost Maker Calls

• Boss Tom
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »
Been bowhunting whitetails for 20 years, started when I was 17.  I love to bowhunt whitetails but like alot on here, I find myself liking turkey hunting more.  The farmer where I hunt told me he saw at least 3 mature toms in the pasture yesterday morning.  I think I'll be out hunting birds with the bow before I get any deer hunting done.  Good luck to all this year!

Brad C.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »
I still like to deer hunt. 

I used to bowhunt a lot. 

I may get back into it. 

Offline Ozark Custom Calls

• Boss Tom
  • Custom Handcrafted Game Calls
    • Ozark Custom Calls
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »
I love to hunt. I try everything I can. Need to get that first bow kill. Have only went twice. I feel turkey is far more exciting, but love the deer too!

Richard