August 12, 2020, 08:42:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did everyone go?  (Read 265 times)
ferocious calls
Jake

« on: April 06, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »

Posts are getting as rare as sighting a longbeard strutting in September. Anyone willing to tell thoughts of why the lack of participation here even when birds are being pursued? 

ol bob
Jenny

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »

As much as I hate to say it I think this forum is done.It was great for a long time.
longbeard48
Boss Tom

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 07:29:45 PM »

Yep, I think you can stick a fork in this one.  It has surely been a great forum in the past. Some of the greatest call makers of our times visited this site almost nightly!  I made lots of friends through and because of this site, but I guess facebook, etc, have caused sites such as this one to become the dinosaurs of the internet.  We trudge on...
MISSISSIPPI SCRATCH BOX TURKEY CALLS

Awesome scratch boxes from native and exotic woods.

Colt P
Jake

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 10:03:28 PM »

Before I wright this let me say, NOT everybody. But ego and adutude kills sights like this, I've had my head bit off several times on this sight for minor infractions, but a lot of the guys here we're great. This sight died over night why! I have no clue. A lot of the newer generation of turkey hunters do not under stand the fine art of CALLING turkeys that could be contributing. No body joining to learn cause they already saw know all from youtube A lot faster!
I'm a member of several trapping sights and there going strong so I don't thank it's all facebook. But the better sights are we're folks come to learn share and check the ego at the door.
Colt

Kentucky River Wingbones
wwtaxidermy.weebly.com
Silverspur
Boss Tom

I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 06:17:05 AM »

All so true but social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to name a few has changed this site and others.  Bigger audience and reaches people faster.  Times change and so do sites like this.
ol bob
Jenny

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 08:51:55 AM »

Sure don't help when you can't stand all the drama on Facebook, its was the only way I could interact  with a lot of friends but finally got to the point I couldn't take it anymore. Wish someone would start a site where you could get together  and if you brought up anything other than hunting or fishing you would be Ban for life.
GR8CALLS
Boss Tom

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »

Unfortunately, what was once a good idea, got what I call, high jacked! When once, a mans word was golden, has become someone's constant questioning, of ethics. Long story short, some can get away with whatever they want while others were chastised for basically the same thing. If you are going to be fair, be fair with everyone.....friends or not!!

I'm not shy.......I'm just studying my prey!!!

The True Measure of A Man Will be Found in His Words and Deeds!

If The Enemy is in Range......So Are You!
SinGin
Poult

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 05:07:16 PM »

Iíve been a member here for several years but this my first post. Iím a member of Oldgobbler.com. And that site gets bigger every year. If youíve been there before and didnít like it the please keep your comments to yourself. We only have one rule over there and it is ď Be NiceĒ
nx95240
Boss Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 12:12:23 AM »

for me .I still look here . I would hope this site would get back like it use too years ago..

ferocious calls
Jake

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 07:35:09 AM »

Really sad. Used to truly enjoy this place.
turkey stew
Boss Tom

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »

Really sad. Used to truly enjoy this place.
Is`nt that the truth!

firedup
Boss Tom

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 05:41:00 PM »

Yep, still surf thru occasionally.... hoping for something but not surprised when its nothing. It was a great site when it was rolling. The quality of folks here was outstanding for the most part. It was a showcase of some truly mind-blowing talent.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: