Author Topic: 2018 Grand Nationals  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Austy

• Boss Hen
2018 Grand Nationals
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:04:42 AM »
Congrats to everyone who entered calls this year and were successful with a win.  Everyone who entered a call is a winner in my book and you can't win if you don't play!!!  I was lucky enough to be able to win 2 3rd Place Ribbons in the Decorative category #13 Air Operated Yelper and Category # 29 Collaborative Decorative Turkey Call. 

Now this upsets me with the # 29 Category and that is the simple fact that the category is a Collaborative category which means one person builds the box call and another person does the art work.  With that being said the NWTF makes NO Mention of the Artist when they list the winning call just name of the person who built the call.  That needs to change so that the artist also gets the recognition that they worked so hard for and deserve.  I do plan to speak to Karen at the NWTF after they get back from the convention in hopes that in the future these awesome artists get the recognition that they have worked so hard for. 

With that said I want to send a HUGE SHOUT OUT to the women who did the art work on my Category # 29 long box call for me this year Dobora Molnar, of Weatherly, PA.  Debbie and I are both from the same county here in PA which for me makes that call special and an awesome representation of the talent that may be just around the corner from us.  As the builder of that box call there is NO DOUBT in my mind that had it not been for this very talented women gracing one of my box calls with her art work that call would not have been as successful.  Congrats Debbie and thank you sooooo much for your awesome art.

Congrats to everyone who entered this year, awesome job.  Sorry everyone I just needed to vent al little and hope it does not offend anyone but I would think that pretty much everyone will agree.

Austy

Offline Corn Doc

• Jake
Re: 2018 Grand Nationals
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »
Congratulations to Dobora and Austy!  *gobble*

Offline AlanKrow

• Boss Tom
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 10:16:14 AM »
Congrats..

Offline Turkeybuster

• Boss Tom
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 12:04:20 PM »
Congrats. Dobora and Austy great job.

Jon

Offline B-Ready

• Boss Tom
  • BeReady Custom Calls
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 08:34:25 PM »
I noticed that they didn't enology the artist to. Hope they change that. Lots of great talent on those calls... Congrats to all the Men and Women Artist....  *bowing*

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 03:31:20 PM »
Congratulations to Dobora and Austy! *up*

Offline EZ

• Jake
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 04:18:40 PM »
Kudos to you Austy for giving her some recognition. Congrats to you both on a beautiful call.

Offline Austy

• Boss Hen
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 10:16:55 AM »
I left a message today for Karen about my complaint, and I am sure she will call me back, she has always been very good about returning phone calls.  I also think that it may help if there is more than just one person who is complaining about this because these Artist really put their heart and souls into these calls and NEED to be recognized.  So if you have a chance pick up the phone and give the NWTF headquarters a call and voice your concern.  I am sure that these awesome artist who grace our calls with such awesome art will appreciate your time and concern for some recognition that they worked so hard for.

Its such an easy fix for the NWTF just break it down, Call by:????  Art by:????, its that simple.

Thanks

Austy

Offline muzzleman

• Boss Tom
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:09:12 AM »
Congrats  Austy , hope to see you at the breakfast

Offline Mmcdonald

• Boss Tom
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 10:46:22 PM »
Kudos to you Austy for giving her some recognition. Congrats to you both on a beautiful call.
*up* *up* *up*

Offline BluMtnGobbler

• Boss Tom
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
Well said Austy its only fair

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 02:12:31 PM »
I spoke to Karen two years back, wanting the call entered in Kellys name.......the Copmetation would only enter the call in the makers name...and honestly, my box was plain, Kelly was the one that made the presentation for the event. I also wish they would consider the artists here ---they EARN it

Offline Silverspur

• Boss Tom
  • I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 08:28:42 AM »

Congrats to both of you! *up*