Author Topic: Congrats  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Old Geezer

• Boss Tom
    • permarturkeycalls.com
Congrats
« on: May 06, 2016, 10:01:24 AM »
Congrats to all who are killing birds.  Only two gobbles in three days this first week of the PA season.  They seem to have shut down with the rain.  Now more of the same forcast for the coming week.  Will get out again rain or shine.

Ralph
Prov 27:1 (You never know what's coming at you)

Offline fargobox

• Boss Tom
Re: Congrats
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »
Hey Ralph...thought you were in VA hunting with Bill?  How did that go??  I haven't heard much about the hunting in PA yet, maybe Austin Hornberger will chime in and give an update.  The weather is good right now here in upstate NY, supposed to hold for the weekend...good luck.

Offline Mmcdonald

• Boss Tom
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 05:15:23 PM »
Good luck Ralph and to everybody else hunting PA.

Offline Old Geezer

• Boss Tom
    • permarturkeycalls.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »
Hey Ralph...thought you were in VA hunting with Bill?  How did that go??  I haven't heard much about the hunting in PA yet, maybe Austin Hornberger will chime in and give an update.  The weather is good right now here in upstate NY, supposed to hold for the weekend...good luck.

Rained in VA too.  Payback for all the birds bagged last year! Will continue to hunt PA,  with some possible time in NY.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:50:31 PM by Old Geezer »
Prov 27:1 (You never know what's coming at you)

Offline Turkeybuster

• Boss Tom
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 06:10:24 PM »
Its been a rough week in Pa. never heard a bird until Thur. and Fri. just courtesy gobbles. Called one in silent on Fri. and couldn't get a shot. The weather shut them down for now.

Jon

Offline Silverspur

• Boss Tom
  • I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
Heard and sort of work birds every day,  all that I worked in the mountains had hens with them and roosted with them.  In the western part of PA found three nests with busted eggs in them.  Gonna be a late season, I think.  I cant even get a two year old to run in on me

Offline Will

• Jake
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »
Maryland atleast on the lower shore is the same deal. I think it's the weather. I'm going tomorrow and had word a large field I hunt was just disked so we'll see. Going home last week the only bird I saw was with a hen strutting in a freshly disked field. I'm not even hearing birds on the roost.