Author Topic: Tips for shipping wingbones  (Read 829 times)

Offline M Sharpe

• Boss Tom
Tips for shipping wingbones
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »
The post office is a little upset with me, as well as my mail lady. I had to go pick up one box that was sitting on the outside and I got one package that was wrapped in a plastic grocery bag.

If you are mailing wingbones, please drop a little borax in the bag with them. If shipping frozen, still put the borax in them. Heat builds up in a zip-loc bag, due to the rotting flesh on the bones. And, if at all possible, try to ship so they don't have to sit over the weekend.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline professorwingbone

• Boss Hen
Re: Tips for shipping wingbones
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »
Very good advice Mark. I've got one of those stories myself. If I told you how many wingbones were in the box, uncovered, no borax, no salt, I mean nothing, you probably would not believe me. Needless to say, I had to go around to the back of the PO to pick them up and upon opening them, they went straight to the trash can.

Like you, I welcome wingbones being sent to me for making calls. It's really simple, clean as much meat off as possible, put in ziplock bag, covered with borax, package in box for shipping and freeze. Mail them on Monday or Tuesday, priority mail and they are sure to get there before the weekend.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Fred