November 19, 2018, 04:09:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Osage Roost Fund Raiser eBay Auction  (Read 4756 times)
Porter
Osage Polish Mike
Administrator
Boss Tom

Osage Polish Mike

« on: May 31, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »

Well, great news. After almost three years, we are announcing that Osage Roost will once again do a fundraiser auction to support this expense of maintaining the site .

As you all know—this is a totally free site, free of dues or advertising.  That’s the way I created it, and that’s the way I want it to continue to keep it clean. However, there are monthly costs to keep the site going.  Almost three years ago—the members here presented me with the idea of the callmakers and collectors to support these cost. Callmakers and Collectors donated calls and gear to auction off to support Osage Roost. All proceeds go entirely to maintaining the site.  It was greatly appreciated at the time. The funds raised from that first auction have kept expenses paid for almost three years now.

With that said, the moderators are planning the second auction to create operating funds to move onward sense the account is getting low on funds. We plan to start the auction on Sept 5, 2014. All funds are kept in a separate account set up in someone else’s hands other than mine to keep all above board. The account is kept balanced and accounted for any funds going in or out in case any member has concern about how it is handled.

The announcements about the details of the auction will be posted here soon, I just wanted to inform all the members of our intentions and show the appreciation for letting the site take care of the expense instead of myself.

Anyone can participate. You do not have to be just a callmaker to donate. Anyone with a call or a hunting item that wants to participate by donating to the cause for the site to support itself is greatly appreciated. This is a great site and one we all benefit from it in one way or another. It’s a great show to see the callmakers/collectors donate to support the continuation of this friendly/supportive site.
I wanted to announce this second auction early enough for makers to plan ahead if they want to create something for the auction. I know how time is for you guys.

With the success of the first auction, I can hardly wait to see the calls and items for sale for us to bid on….

Thanks for the support and the donation and thanks for making OsageRoost what it is today!

Mike Porter

Silverspur
The Peace Keeper
Boss Tom

I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »

The moderators and those that believe in this site, will do we can to help make it commercial free and a success.  With the help of everyone, we can do this and I want to thank all the callmakers in advance for their donations and support to keep Osage Roost going.

Thank you! Thumbs Up
B-Ready
The Peace Keeper
Boss Tom

BeReady Custom Calls

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:50:13 PM »

Here's a couple more details. Jeff McKamey has agreed to handle the donations again. Thanks Man that a huge task!! Dave Smith has agreed to handle the Ebay listings again... Thanks Dave! Anyone that wants to donate anything that can be legally sold on Ebay is much appreciated!  Cheers Cash Donations are excepted also. Everything goes to Jeff, and needs to be there by September 1st. All proceeds will go directly to the site. Please Feel free to start donating anything/any time from now to September. With everyones help we can keep this great site going strong and advertisement free! Please PM me with any questions! Thanks again!!

jmck
Boss Tom

Twisting Creek Calls

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 06:07:37 PM »

Count me in- I will gladly make a call for the auction-!!!!
This is a great place and I will always do anything to support it and the good friends I have made here.
I hope everyone gets on board and shows our support for the site Mike developed for all of us to share our like interests in !!!
Let's here from y'all- who else can we count on here Huh?
Thanks - let's show our appreciation for this place in this manner guys !!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:36:59 AM by jmck » Logged

B-Ready
The Peace Keeper
Boss Tom

BeReady Custom Calls

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »

Pm's are coming in.... Thanks guys!!  Cheers Please send all donations to Jeff McKamey at 5808 Lee highway, Chatt. TN. 37421

Poult

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »

Do the items have to be new or are you taking used items too? 
B-Ready
The Peace Keeper
Boss Tom

BeReady Custom Calls

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »

Do the items have to be new or are you taking used items too? 
As long as the item or items are in good shape.... We would greatly appreciate the donation. Thanks for asking!

REV. MIKE
Boss Tom

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 12:26:14 AM »

count me in also ,i will make a call for the auction
Crawdad
Boss Hen

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 03:37:53 AM »

Count me in for a Trumpet Jeff, I will be more than glad to help out in any way I can. I will be sending it your way soon. Crawdad.
Silverspur
The Peace Keeper
Boss Tom

I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »

Thanks guys your talent is awesome and we appreciate all the donations (from all callmakers) that will help maintain this site.

Bob
trb136
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 02:04:55 PM »

Im In...This is a great place with great friends...Ill Donate a matching Trough and Boxcall.
Old Geezer
Boss Tom

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 03:22:25 PM »

Does it have to be Osage? Rolling On The Floor   Count me in for a call.

Ralph

Prov 27:1 (You never know what's coming at you)
B-Ready
The Peace Keeper
Boss Tom

BeReady Custom Calls

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »

Does it have to be Osage? Rolling On The Floor   Count me in for a call.

Ralph
Heck no!!  Rolling On The Floor Ralph thank you very much!! Cheers

rio329
Boss Tom

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »

iam here to help ,just as this site has helped me and will donate a pot and peg caller
Porter
Osage Polish Mike
Administrator
Boss Tom

Osage Polish Mike

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 01:11:24 AM »

Thanks to everyone!!!!  This is amazing and shows what a great group of giraffes we have here!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: