November 20, 2018, 08:31:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a400  (Read 765 times)
wibirdhunter
Poult

« on: March 19, 2014, 12:42:31 PM »

Been away from the turkey boards for awhile so not sure what chokes are hot and I'm not buying 2 if possible. So what choke would be best for the a400 xtreme with 3.5 inch number 5 lead loads and I also have some xtended range?

Not looking to spend over 70.

Thank
Adam
Porter
Osage Polish Mike
Administrator
Boss Tom

Osage Polish Mike

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:01:21 PM »

I don't know about that gun, but my two top ones are Indian Creek and SumToy chokes.  I know there was a thread on OG about Indian Creek, but after talking to Indian Creek I think there is a lot more than what was posted there. 

I know SumToy chokes shoot lights out too.  I like Indian Creek because they are made here in MO!

How are you doing and ready for Spring?

wibirdhunter
Poult

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:34:16 PM »

The a400 has pretty thin chokes so I'd like to steer clear of any chokes that have had issues but it sounds like Indian Creek has changed the steel for the better. Not sure if that is the issue you are talking about. They've been talked about as a good choke for awhile so must be doing something right.

Sumtoy sounds like a good option to look into or maybe pure gold.

Just got the a400 today and took it out and shot a couple hundred clays. Think I'm going to really like it after shooting pumps but chokes are a lot harder to find in stores. If it was an 870 I'd just go buy a jellyhead and call it good.

I'm doing good, had an awesome fall and did get a lot of good pheasant and waterfowl hunting. Ready for spring weather,spring hunting, and spring fishing.

Thanks

firedup
Boss Tom

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 12:33:32 AM »

Midwest and Cabela's (I heard) will take the chokes back if it doesn't work for you.  Just needs cleaned up first and costs you shipping of course.  I have traded several back with Midwest to get the rite one.  Like I said, cost me shipping but beats the $$ on a choke I don't need. 

wibirdhunter
Poult

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 01:12:30 AM »

Thanks for the tip but I decided to go with a patternmaster code black turkey and I won't be returning it.

Came in today and I went out and shot it with 4 different lead loads plus xtended range. None of the loads I shot that I wouldn't hunt with.

Only pattern I counted. Probably to tight.
Win. Longbeard 3.5 inch 6's
40 yards
25 degrees
254 give or take a few in the 10

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:22:34 AM by wibirdhunter » Logged
Porter
Osage Polish Mike
Administrator
Boss Tom

Osage Polish Mike

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 01:45:50 AM »

That will get it done!!!