Author Topic: Yellow Creek Big Boar  (Read 998 times)

Offline ncturkey

• Boss Tom
Yellow Creek Big Boar
« on: January 05, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
CSA Yellow Creek Outfitters

I had a super awesome time at the CSA Yellow Creek Outfitters. The guide Chris was awesome. He put me in multiple stand locations. He feed me really well. He had great lodging. He put me on the deer and the hogs for sure. Which lead to me harvesting nice 99 lb.doe.She was taken at 7:50 a.m. on 12/29/13 with my Remington 700 50 Cal.Muzzleloader rifle. The shot was 20 yards and the recovery was 50 yards. I used 100 gr. Triple seven loose powder and 350gr. Hornady Great Plains Bullets with #209 cap. On 1/3/14 at 5:00 p.m. I took this Big 250 lb.Boar Hog at 30 yards with my Browning BAR Safari Grade 270 Win. He dropped after the shot. I also saw other bucks and does from several stand locations. The hunting was awesome. Plus we had some other good hunters in the clubhouse as well. One other hunter Barry harvested a nice freaky 7 pointer. It weighed 120 lb. He took it with a Ruger MK 77 270 Win. I think he was shooting a 140 gr. Win. Silvertip ammo. All the hunters were fun and friendly. Our cook was Bubba Scott. Bubba can for sure cook very well. After Bubba had to leave for work the next day. Other cooks were Chris and myself. We ate really well at Yellow Creek. Had a awesome time. PS Everybody CSA Yellow Creek Outfitters  is not open for booking of hunts. It is a private hunting club owned by my BIL Chris. The whole story is true except for the Outfitter part. LOL. Thanks.Mike
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:51:25 PM by ncturkey »
Mike   ] "It doesn't take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men."

Samuel Adams

Offline ncturkey

• Boss Tom
Re: Yellow Creek Big Boar
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »
Here is a picture of the CSA Yellow Creek Cabin. It has two bed rooms, living room and a kitchen. It was heated wit propane heater. Shower was out on the porch in the back. We were having to use a outhouse when natural calls due to low water table. Showers were fast to save water. Drinking water was brought in from a artisan well.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:59:53 PM by ncturkey »
Mike   ] "It doesn't take a majority to win, just a tireless minority that will keep starting brush fires in the mind and hearts of their fellow men."

Samuel Adams

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »
Way to go- congrats
Looks like lots of meat for the table !!!
Great boar

Offline Turkeybuster

• Boss Tom
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 04:44:22 PM »
Congrats. that sounds like a great hunt with a good bunch of guys and a lot of meat for the freezer.

Jon

Offline ncturkey

• Boss Tom
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:37:32 AM »
Thanks for the comments. It was a awesome week of comrotery and hunting with friends.

Samuel Adams