Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: fargobox on September 19, 2011, 03:14:48 PM

Title: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: fargobox on September 19, 2011, 03:14:48 PM
Does anyone know the status of Dave?  I know he had a big transition with family matters and moving a while back, but I haven't heard or seen a thing from him in quite some time.  One heck of a talented call maker and miss seeing his work.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: fargobox on September 20, 2011, 07:29:15 AM
Bob, I knew he was there as well--he advertizes, but thought he still frequented here too-thanks.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: letinmfly on September 20, 2011, 08:02:03 AM
He hangs out on the other site now .

Actually...Dave doesn't hang out any where right now.  He's hardly ever on this site or the other site as you claim.  As I've heard he still doesn't have a shop to work in nor does he have much time to be on line.

Hope this answers your question fargobox.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: fargobox on September 20, 2011, 10:10:07 AM
Wherever he is, I hope he is well.  Call making will always be around when he is ready and has the time.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: Ryan T on September 20, 2011, 10:46:01 AM
He made some good looking calls... I heard some over the phone that sounded good... Surely by "other site," you don't mean
the Sunny Side...  ???
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: fargobox on September 20, 2011, 01:08:11 PM
I believe it is OG.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: misfire on September 20, 2011, 05:38:57 PM
Believe he posted on FB that he got the old house back and was moving back there.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: Gitzit69 on September 20, 2011, 05:46:32 PM
He made some good looking calls... I heard some over the phone that sounded good... Surely by "other site," you don't mean
the Sunny Side...  ???
I believe it is OG.
No THE other site  *dance*
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: trb136 on September 20, 2011, 10:06:59 PM
Hope Dave is well.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: Porter on September 22, 2011, 06:41:23 AM
Which reminds me I need to call and checkup on Dave.  I've only kept track of him through Facebook.

I did read where he did get the old house back and I can only imagine how tickled he is!

Poor guy has shouldered a lot of items I wouldn't want to deal with!

Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: Porter on September 26, 2011, 07:52:26 PM
Just an update on Dave.  I was able to catch him and he wanted to let everyone know he has/was stuck up in the Bear Mountains and he hopes to be back up and going in a couple of more weeks. 

He's getting ready to move into his house and I hope he gets settled and ready to go!

Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: augiedog55 on September 26, 2011, 07:54:14 PM
Glad to hear that
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: fargobox on September 27, 2011, 07:38:03 AM
Hey Porter thanks for checking up on Dave, glad to hear things will come together soon for him.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: Tom Talker on March 09, 2012, 08:37:57 PM
Any new updates on Dave? I have emailed him but have not called him. He is really a great guy and I hope things are working out for him. Hopefully he will reply to my email.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: Blackfalcon on March 12, 2012, 01:37:18 PM
Just an update for those wondering: Last March the house we had in Vermont was sold and we had to move out. I went to New York and worked there for a while, then went back to Vermont and finally bought a house in Maine. In October I moved to Maine and have been moving my things from Vermont and New York, finally getting the last of my things from New York about Christmas time. Most of the summer fall and early winter I was living on the road, mostly in Vermont, staying in motels and even camping out in the mountains until the hurricane which devastated some 250 roads in Vermont. I was stranded for some time in the mountains before I was able to get out. I had planned to be in Vermont for 2 weeks, but ended up there for three months!
Since coming to Maine, I've had to do a lot of work to the house,plumbing and heating issues as well as help out with my Dad who has been in and out of the hospital as some of you know, we almost lost him on more than one ocassion. The Dr's finally seem to have figured out how best to treat him and his recovery at the moment seems no less than miraculous.
Due to all these changes, etc, call making had to take a back seat for a while, I have been so occupied with making a living and starting over,and other crucial aspects of life and living.  I do hope to get back to making calls in the near future as I know some of you have been wondering. Everything takes time and not always as quickly as I would like.
Dave
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: Shadetree Callers on March 12, 2012, 05:31:19 PM
Dave , it's good to hear that things are finally getting back to normal for ya . Good luck this spring !!
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: strutnrut on March 12, 2012, 07:35:49 PM
Good to see you Dave hope your dad gets better. Thang have a way of working out.
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: MKW on March 13, 2012, 07:23:48 PM
Hang in there, Dave.

Mike
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: fargobox on March 13, 2012, 07:31:14 PM
Dave, I'm sure it has been a very tough road, but you seem to have found a way through *up*--this is good.  We here and at other forums are pulling for you,  Take the time and return when ready, we'll be waiting up on the Roost.
Scott
Title: Re: Dave Hodgkins-Blackfalcon Calls
Post by: MadYelper on March 13, 2012, 07:59:21 PM
Dave - Good hearing from you, keep hanging in there, and I hope your dad continues his recovery!  *up*