Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: bowrebel on August 17, 2011, 08:57:17 PM

Title: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: bowrebel on August 17, 2011, 08:57:17 PM
Just got word from my brother that his treestand was named "Best treestand" by Field and Stream. He has put a lot of effort into designing and marketing this stand and it is beginning to pay off. It will be in the September issue, but you can check out what they put on their website below.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2011/08/best-best-hunting-gear-2011-2012?photo=24#node-1001451811 (http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2011/08/best-best-hunting-gear-2011-2012?photo=24#node-1001451811)

Thanks
James
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best of the Best
Post by: turkey stew on August 17, 2011, 09:24:16 PM
Congrats to your brother on the award and an innovative stand!
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best of the Best
Post by: bowrebel on August 17, 2011, 09:33:55 PM
Thanks Phil.  *up*  Here are a couple pics from last weekends show. Thats my brother demostrating the stand.
(http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/bowrebel/IMG_1753.jpg)
(http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/bowrebel/IMG_1755.jpg)

James
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: icdedturkes on August 18, 2011, 09:21:57 AM
Is this the one you posted on OG a while back? Man if it is, your brothers company has grown..
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: ronmexico on August 18, 2011, 09:49:31 AM
looks simple and light.  my only concern would be the seat, it looks a little small and uncomfortable, but that is my biggest complaint with most stands out there.

i didn't see how you would carry it either...says it comes with a carrying case?

and one thing you might want to point out to your brother, on some of the pictures of the stand, it says the platform is 32X22 and on others, it says it is 31X21.

picture on the left says 32X22 and video on the right says 31X21.
http://www.x-stand.com/products.html

regardless, congrats to your brother for the recognition.  hope it takes off for him.
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: yankee gobbler on August 18, 2011, 11:17:20 AM
hey Ron, it's portable/on rollers, tree stump and all. ya just pull it behind your 4wheeler with a trlr hitch. I love dis new concept.

Love to see new/independent concepts and companies do so well. I wish him well in all his future growth.
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: ronmexico on August 18, 2011, 11:19:51 AM
hey Ron, it's portable/on rollers, tree stump and all. ya just pull it behind your 4wheeler with a trlr hitch. I love dis new concept.


what?
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: amims5 on August 18, 2011, 12:41:10 PM
hey Ron, it's portable/on rollers, tree stump and all. ya just pull it behind your 4wheeler with a trlr hitch. I love dis new concept.


what?

He was aiming for funny. I think?
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: ronmexico on August 18, 2011, 12:53:40 PM
hey Ron, it's portable/on rollers, tree stump and all. ya just pull it behind your 4wheeler with a trlr hitch. I love dis new concept.


what?

He was aiming for funny. I think?

da yankee dun got bad ame.
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: bowrebel on August 18, 2011, 02:27:14 PM
icdedturkes: Yes, this is the stand I posted on OG a while back. He is growing at a good little clip.

ronmexico: called my brother and he said the person that does his site should have had that changed by now. E-mail was sent to remind him to change it. Thanks for letting us know. The seat has also been upgraded to a thicker seat. It is very comfortable. No, backpack case, just straps which also work as the tether straps. Here is a link to the video that should answer all your questions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkUXTQMgcII (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkUXTQMgcII)

This stand is 11.5 lbs without the front shooting rail. 12.5 with it and it is sold seperately. If you have any more questions, please ask and I will answer you. You can also PM me.

yankee gobbler, just watch out of low hanging limbs that can knock it over during transport cause it takes 2 of us to lift that dang  pole into place at shows.  *aah* Just kidding buddy. Thanks for the kind words.

James
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: ronmexico on August 18, 2011, 02:35:46 PM
10-4.  that's a good bit lighter than my summit, but i can sit for quite a while in it.  i do like the fact that with your brother's stand, you have the option of having the rail, or leaving it open for bowhunting.   
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: bowrebel on August 18, 2011, 04:51:42 PM
Actually the shooting rail can be flipped over and used as a footrest instead. When it is used as a footrest it is out of the way for a bowhunter. You also sit on top of the stand instead of inside it, so you can shoot while you are sitting.

James
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: Porter on August 18, 2011, 07:40:43 PM
That is awesome.  I wish I was scared of heights like I am or I'd have one.  I remember you showing me right after he started building them!

Nice to see innovation still alive!!!
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: bowrebel on August 18, 2011, 08:06:40 PM
Ya big sissy!! This girl isn't scared.  *lol* *lol*

(http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/bowrebel/SDC11894.jpg)

James
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: Porter on August 18, 2011, 09:18:55 PM
You know... I would take one for the team to show her how to hunt  *lol*

Dude I get scared climbing up a bear!
Title: Re: X-Stand-Best treestand
Post by: Shadetree Callers on August 18, 2011, 10:17:29 PM
Ya should be scared ! Cuz you're climbing a dang BEAR !!!  LOL !