Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: Porter on August 16, 2011, 10:23:06 PM

Title: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
Post by: Porter on August 16, 2011, 10:23:06 PM
Well i meant to post this about a week ago.. .Scotty contacted me and asked me to post that unfortunately there will not be a Calendar from him this year.  He just switched jobs, built a new house, and has just ran out of time. 

After seeing all the work he does on them last year, I completely understand and I know many of us will really miss them. 

I'm sorry for not posting this sooner, but he's not allowed on the Net really at his job and he doesn't have Internet at home yet. 

He also hasn't had much time for turning calls (no shop there and has to go back to his old shop). 

I chat with him from time to time, but like me.. .he's been crazy busy  *cry*
Title: Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
Post by: Daryl on August 17, 2011, 11:57:54 AM
I hate that. I always enjoyed the calendars and he always did an awesome job.
Title: Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
Post by: jmck on August 17, 2011, 03:13:06 PM
hope things are settling down Scotty---none of us want ya ending up like PORTER  ;D
Title: Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
Post by: Silverspur on August 17, 2011, 06:31:27 PM
The calendars were a pleasure but family and job take priority and that is understood.  Thanks Scotty, for all those great calendars and years of hard work!!!!


 *up*
Title: Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
Post by: stevelumma on August 17, 2011, 06:32:53 PM
I can relate, but I will miss the calendars dearly  :'(
Title: Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
Post by: B-Ready on August 17, 2011, 08:52:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Scotty, I to looked forward to getting one every year. I hope things settle down for ya soon!!
Title: Re: Sad news from Scotty Maddux
Post by: Porter on August 18, 2011, 07:42:15 PM
I talked to Scotty and he's looking into attempting to do them.  Issue is, he doesn't have the information from almost 75% of the people that said they would do it.... 

Without the info, the calendar is nothing...  I'll keep you guys posted!