Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: misfire on July 25, 2011, 06:52:58 PM

Title: Corian question
Post by: misfire on July 25, 2011, 06:52:58 PM
Is there a specific glue needed to bond two pieces together? Everything I have read is saying CA would work, but I am not real fond of pieces of anything blowing out near my head
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: Mark Rainbolt on July 26, 2011, 09:15:23 AM
I use a 2 part clear epoxy.
                      God Bless,
                                 Mark
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: misfire on July 26, 2011, 01:03:28 PM
Thanks Mark. I read up on the www yesterday and alot of guys were using medium CA. I had some of that and the blanks are curing now. Have to get a face shield today, not in the mood to lose teeth
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: Mark Rainbolt on July 26, 2011, 10:52:52 PM
That stuff turns like butter, nothing special needed. Actually turns better than most types of wood.
                                                                                                                 God Bless,
                                                                                                                             Mark
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: misfire on July 27, 2011, 12:22:44 PM
That stuff turns like butter, nothing special needed. Actually turns better than most types of wood.
                                                                                                                 God Bless,
                                                                                                                             Mark

Good Lord, that stuff ate my lunch this morning. Had to sharpen my tools three times just to turn the inside. Got to figure out the angle I think. Havent turned much in the acrylic worlds. I had better luck using my parting tool than with a gouge
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: M Sharpe on July 27, 2011, 12:33:07 PM
Lee, are you sure you are using corian and not one of the other laminates that are cement based.
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: misfire on July 27, 2011, 04:15:24 PM
Has Corian and Dupont written all over it
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: Morgan on July 27, 2011, 07:29:37 PM
Some is softer than the others...all corian is not the same...I got some solid white....it's tough....
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: misfire on July 27, 2011, 09:25:50 PM
Morgan,
This stuff is harder than woodpecker lips ;D
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: Morgan on July 27, 2011, 10:54:51 PM
some of it is....some is like cuttin butter....it all sands good though.....
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: misfire on July 28, 2011, 04:17:17 PM
some of it is....some is like cuttin butter....it all sands good though.....

If this piece is indicative of the rest, I dont want to shop at your grocery store ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: Corian question
Post by: Gobbleking57 on August 02, 2011, 10:04:23 PM
 ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO