Osage Roost
General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: woodwzrd on April 02, 2011, 09:40:17 PM
-
I think I may have scored a descent supplier for blanks today. I have known about a pool cue maker about 45 minutes from me for over 20 years and never thought about checking there for scrap until I drove by there today and noticed they were open. I stopped to see and the guy showed me 3 boxes full of cut offs. I grabbed 12 pieces ranging from 4-16 inches long and 1-1.5 inches in diameter. They were a mix of Indian rosewood, bocote, and African walnut. The guy charged me 8 bucks. I didn't think that was to bad. They also sell 18,24, and 30 inch blanks 1.5" in diameter and square.
-
That is a good deal !
Mike
-
Does anybody custom make doors in your area? I had one down here who would let me rummage through his dumpsters for mahogany, Spanish Cedar, oak, pecan, poplar... whatever he had been working lately. Never charged me for any of it! *dance* Then he sold his company *cry* and I just haven't been by to talk with the new owner yet.
-
There used to be a casket factory in Clarksburg. We could get scraps for free but they shut down.