Osage Roost
General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: fargobox on March 02, 2011, 11:42:46 AM
-
I live just 45 minutes from the Quaker Boy business and today I was in the area for a meeting so afterward I stopped in to pay my personal respects to the family for Dick Kirby. Oddly enough I hadn't been there before. Nonetheless, this apple (Chris Kirby) didn't fall far from the tree! He is very humble, personable and generous with his time. They have a nice show room and he told a couple stories of Dick's Gobblers which adorn the room. Solid all around wonderful folks and as a box call maker I wanted to pay my respects for all Dick did for the call-making industry, turkey hunting in general and wildlife conservation.
-
Dick Kirby had atremendous impact on turkey hunting and callmaking. He holds aspecial place in my book. congrats on the visit
-
Good day I am sure! Most callmakers are very good folk and generous with their time!
Mike
-
Chris is a fine youmg man...a chip off the old block. I spent a good deal of time in Nashville talking w/ Chris and even when busy he took the time to greet folks and talk about his dad. Good people all around! *up* *up* *up* *up* *up*
Bill
-
Hey Bill, I tried to give you some good props on the NWTF forum re: pot calls Scott (aka culpeper) The whole Kirby family are good people *up*
-
I've always respected the Kirby's and will really miss talking with Dick. As mentioned, he always had the time to talk turkey.
-
I live just 45 minutes from the Quaker Boy business and today I was in the area for a meeting so afterward I stopped in to pay my personal respects to the family for Dick Kirby. Oddly enough I hadn't been there before. Nonetheless, this apple (Chris Kirby) didn't fall far from the tree! He is very humble, personable and generous with his time. They have a nice show room and he told a couple stories of Dick's Gobblers which adorn the room. Solid all around wonderful folks and as a box call maker I wanted to pay my respects for all Dick did for the call-making industry, turkey hunting in general and wildlife conservation.
Im sure that was a time you won't forget, Very nice and respectful for you to do that! Hats off to you as well. We had also spent sometime at the Kirby booth (Bob Fulcher) and I, and they are a very fine Family with a ton of tradition. Dick will be sadley missed for sure.
Gregg