Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: creekrocket on January 10, 2011, 01:04:36 PM

Title: Ducks
Post by: creekrocket on January 10, 2011, 01:04:36 PM
Here is a pic of some of the ducks we got saturday morning. The afternoon hunt was off the hook! No pics, but it was pretty impressive. Mostly blue wings and spoonies.
(http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu230/creekrocket/hunt009.jpg)
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: letinmfly on January 10, 2011, 01:05:59 PM
Good harvest!!  *up*
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: shad309 on January 10, 2011, 01:13:47 PM
I'm not a waterfowler so this may be a dumb question..... What are the black ones without webbed feet?
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: augiedog55 on January 10, 2011, 01:17:45 PM
Looks like coots to me
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: Turkeybuster on January 10, 2011, 01:20:45 PM
Yep Coots!
Jon
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: shad309 on January 10, 2011, 01:56:43 PM
Do you eat them? Looks like a cross between a duck & a chicken  ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: misfire on January 10, 2011, 01:58:59 PM
I am still needing a full plumed BWT for the wall. Headed to MS this weekend, but mainly divers and bootlips I guess
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: Bulldogmikey on January 10, 2011, 04:53:33 PM
I am a big fan of DUCKS today! ROLL DUCKS ROLL!
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: creekrocket on January 10, 2011, 07:42:41 PM
hose are definitly coots! My cajun buddy and his father eat them ::)
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: turkey stew on January 10, 2011, 08:57:31 PM
I thought that the cold weather would have chased the blue wings to South America!
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: misfire on January 11, 2011, 02:35:27 PM
I thought that the cold weather would have chased the blue wings to South America!

I would have thought that too. GWT are very hardy birds, but BWT are generally the first to get out of Dodge at the first hint of cold. I am headed to MS Friday, hope to shoot something other than a mallard or woodduck this year
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: creekrocket on January 11, 2011, 04:54:51 PM
Misfire, I have some contacts there in Mississippi, and they are wearin' them out right now. Good luck
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: misfire on January 11, 2011, 05:20:26 PM
Thats great to hear. We will be near Sunflower, hope to make some turkey contacts while I am there too
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: jmck on January 12, 2011, 10:15:06 AM
looks like a fun hunt
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: jmck on January 14, 2011, 11:23:13 AM
we got after em the other day also---managed to get a weigon and a drake mallard the was banded and also some gadwalls to fill it in.
(http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss77/jmckamey/IMG_5112.jpg)
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: monroe on January 14, 2011, 11:59:27 AM
Man eating a coot would be like eating a dirt clod.  *wha*
Title: Re: Ducks
Post by: creekrocket on January 14, 2011, 02:21:36 PM
Man eating a coot would be like eating a dirt clod.  *wha*
Roger that :P This white boy wont be eatin any coots anytime soon. ;D