Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: rocfish13 on December 31, 2010, 11:43:10 AM

Title: Pete Peters?????
Post by: rocfish13 on December 31, 2010, 11:43:10 AM
 Does anybody know about Pete Peters? I've heard a few things, but nothing definite. Roc  *up* *up*
Title: Re: Pete Peters?????
Post by: turkey stew on December 31, 2010, 11:48:26 AM
I beleive that Pete Peters was an Ohio callmaker that was noted for his trumpets. He is listed in one of Earl Mickel`s books. His calls are collectable.
Title: Re: Pete Peters?????
Post by: hunter22 on December 31, 2010, 12:08:43 PM
Gary,

I have a trumpet from Pete just like the one you have. It is a really nice call. I also have a slate call he made he called his "Sweet Lips". He had a glass call he called his "Sassy Glass." He made some really nice pot calls and trumpets back in the 90s. I think Pete passed away a few years ago. His calls do have some collector value but I still use mine occasionally because of how good they sound.
Title: Re: Pete Peters?????
Post by: AlanKrow on December 31, 2010, 06:28:29 PM
I have the same calls from Ted "pete" Peters.. The Sweet lips is a great sounding slate call, and a glass call with a oak pot. He made box calls too. ( have one order at the time of his passing) Also have a video of him showing how to run the calls. He was from Lima OH...