Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: Bulldogmikey on September 10, 2009, 10:14:16 PM

Title: Trumpets
Post by: Bulldogmikey on September 10, 2009, 10:14:16 PM
If circumstances would allow, I would start building trumpet yelpers. They fascinate me, plus the looks are awesome. I wish 30 years ago I had know about these woodwinds. I could get lost in that hobby/passion.

Mike
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: Porter on September 10, 2009, 11:45:19 PM
Mike this is my latest venture into call collecting.  I need to learn to use them and I think they are an awesome weapon to have in your arsenal!

If you start tinkering in them, remember I'd be interested in one!

Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: Dcoleinpa on September 11, 2009, 05:55:49 AM
i dont know what it is about trumpets.... they just SUCK you in :)
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: West Augusta on September 11, 2009, 08:33:22 AM
Trumpets are easy to learn but very hard to master.
I would love to have the confidence to hunt with one.  That will come in time.
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: Hillbillycallmaker on September 11, 2009, 05:32:36 PM
There is nothing like talkin to the birds with a trumpet , especially in the fall , I love it. There have been times when I played a trumpet non stop for over a hour to a bunch of hens and jakes. Nothing like it. RkLu
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: silentk on September 11, 2009, 08:50:17 PM
my trumpet iz priceless....
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: Porter on September 11, 2009, 08:53:04 PM
my trumpet iz priceless....

rub it in smartie ROTFLMBO 

I would trade you for it RkLu *up*
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: turkey stew on September 11, 2009, 09:57:50 PM
Trumpets are definitely fun to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *up*
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: Bulldogmikey on September 13, 2009, 06:51:12 AM
There is nothing like talkin to the birds with a trumpet , especially in the fall , I love it. There have been times when I played a trumpet non stop for over a hour to a bunch of hens and jakes. Nothing like it. RkLu

Whitt do you use in the spring?
Title: Re: Trumpets
Post by: Dcoleinpa on September 13, 2009, 07:21:06 AM
i agree