Osage Roost
General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: firedup on October 24, 2010, 12:01:53 PM
-
The opening morning in Mason County dawned cool and crisp! A great morning to be in the woods. Dad had a group roosting literally just across the road from his house. HOWEVER..this day had been scheduled for the 1st Pack family apple butter event and I was under strict orders (from my Mother, the Grand Dame of the clan) that I had to be there..no excuses! So at daylite as the birds were waking up and talking to each other a bit, I was making fires and getting ready to stir up some "killer butter". The day was perfect. Sunny and warm. Just a perfect fall day. Young and old alike joined in and we had a blast! This was the first time since my Grandmother passed that the entire family has gotten back together.5 states were represented and it was just a great day! Good food, good conversations, all the old folks sitting around and all the grandchildren running amok! Wouldn't have missed it for the world! Now...after those turks!
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/CIMG1179.jpg)
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/CIMG1182.jpg)
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/CIMG1192.jpg)
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/CIMG1195.jpg)
-
Looks like y'all had a great time!
Mike
-
Nothing like some homemade apple butter on warm homemade bread. That's stirring the pot as it should be.
I didnt make it out here in Marion co. either. Had one More tree to trim before bad weather. Hope to get out Wednesday.
-
Looks like a good time was had in my other home state, West " BY God" Virginia !!!
-
Looks like fun!
-
Great pictures, LT...nothing as important as family..and that tradition of making the apple butter in the pots on an open fire is priceless. *up*...the turkeys will still be there tomorrow
I just hope that isn't apple wood and butternut burning under those pots!! *lol*
-
Looks like fun!
RkLu
-
Mmmmmmmm fresh applebutter, over an open fire, and a great family gathering nuttin better. *up*
-
Are ther any bisciuts left ?
-
Oh yea! Homemade apple butter! Brings back lots of memories.. Been years since I helped papaw stir the pot! *up* Looks like ya'll had a great day!
Al
-
Man I'm hungry now!!!! Thanks for sharing and looks like everyone had fun!