Osage Roost
General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: jmck on July 20, 2017, 12:49:06 PM
-
attempted to post some pictures of a Lamar call with kellys touches added to it and my pictures don show---only a photobucket image that has a message to upgrade to 3rd party hosting.....went on and they want $399 annually for this. Does anytone know about this or have any other recommendations on other less expensive site to use
thanks for any guidance
-
Jeff, Photobucket is toast.
If you have a smart phone, download the Flickr App. Then you can go to you PC log into the account, click on your photo, there will be an arrow "Share photo", a box will pop up Copy and Past the BBCode
-
Forgot to add, you have to make the particular photo public in order to share. Any questions let me know.
-
I think you can use Tinypic as well. I haven't tried it myself, so not sure.
-
Yep, Photo Bucket is now charging you, to share third party. *poo* *poo* *stu* *stu*
-
I've always used bluemelon.
-
I have been trying Tinypic...I think it is still part of Photobucket tho. So far its pretty easy and free. Can do from home, ipad or phone. BUT the problem I had was that pic size was way to large to upload. They have an option to chose for message boards BUT I still had to find another app to resize anything I wanted to post online / message. It was free and very fast to resize but still another step. Still way better than photobucket at this point. Even before the cost thing it was gagging up on ads and popups like crazy. OH yeah, for some reason so of my Tinypic posting show up upside down. Not sure what that is about. I have heard of a lot of people going to flickr or imgur.
-
On most forums that I post on, you can just upload straight to the forum from your computer pics. Osage Roost is way behind the times.
-
Wow Jeff I wanna see that call!
-
Imgur works well for uploading and sharing..for years I've used Photoscape for basic editing, adding text and resizing pictures before uploading to Photobucket. Editing on Imgur is very similar to Photobucket.. once you figure it out..I think it is faster as well since it is not bogged down with ads..we'll see!