Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: fargobox on December 22, 2016, 06:35:37 AM

Title: Mistakes
Post by: fargobox on December 22, 2016, 06:35:37 AM
Tell us your biggest, or most knuckle-headed mistake you have done while hunting....have you repeated it, I know I have *bannana* *cry*
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: jmck on December 22, 2016, 09:27:55 AM
Missed a bird that came in from 250 yds gobbeling..it wasn't like it surprised me .....with a posse behind me 30 yards or so that included Kruer,McDonald,Stoner and Corder   *peep*. I STILL HAVENT HEARD THE END OF IT ...AND nO I WONT REPEAT THAT MISTAKE-without killing the witnesses  ;)
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: fargobox on December 22, 2016, 09:33:03 AM
Ya know I "may" have heard about this one, but surely it really can't be true, Snakeboots you NEVER miss.....RIGHT???? *bannana* *bannana* *peep* *peep* ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: ol bob on December 22, 2016, 09:37:14 AM
I would have to say starting to hunt theses crazy birds  *aah*
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: KentuckyHeadhunter on December 22, 2016, 10:45:41 AM
Forgotten toilet paper  *poo* *peep*
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: GR8CALLS on December 22, 2016, 01:46:08 PM
 *aah* *aah*

Being temporally, confused (2hrs.) after killing a gobbler on new ground. Never been lost, but confused....... *cry* *cry*

Bill
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: West Augusta on December 22, 2016, 05:34:02 PM
Bill, I just visit a lot of places I've never been before.  ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: West Augusta on December 22, 2016, 06:06:56 PM
Scott, a better question for me is how haven't I messed up when calling in a gobbler.
The "Tormanator" as Frank called him played me every way possible.  *aah*
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: Colt P on December 22, 2016, 06:12:08 PM
Not turkey hunting but,  while deer huntin with a newly build flintlock (still workin out the bugs in the trigger) i shot my gun off straight up in the air while gettin ready for a shot  a buck! To rub salt in the wound he bounced up the hill and got to about 10 yards before goin on around the Mt. ! I had never ever accidentally shot off a gun and hopefully never will again! *lol*
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: longbeard48 on December 22, 2016, 07:42:29 PM
About ten years ago, on the occasion of calling to my first Rio, he was coming hot and hard, so I quit callin'...well, it always worked for me with Easterns!
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: firedup on December 23, 2016, 09:57:13 AM
Thinking the bird had lost interest and wandered off in some other direction so its ok to get up, move or whatever....when he hadn't. :-\  Yep...done it TOO MANY times. 
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: Mmcdonald on December 23, 2016, 03:38:49 PM
Thinking the bird had lost interest and wandered off in some other direction so its ok to get up, move or whatever....when he hadn't. :-\  Yep...done it TOO MANY times. 
No doubt!
Title: Re: Mistakes
Post by: ghost5 on December 24, 2016, 11:33:32 AM
Hunted a monster tom for a month before I finally figured out a way to get close to him. Next to last day of season he comes running into my spread drumming, spitting, stomping, putting on a great show. I waited till he was about 30 yards out and dropped the hammer. He ran about 30 yards looked around and started feeding. It took me a bit to realize the shot had fallen out of my muzzle loader somehow and all I did was shoot a blank at him.  *wha*