Osage Roost

All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: lonnielou688 on November 08, 2014, 07:49:12 PM

Title: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: lonnielou688 on November 08, 2014, 07:49:12 PM
   I harvested this jake bird on Friday morning, in PA 's Michaux State Forest. It was howling winds, 25 mph , and I managed to split up a 10-12 bird flock. Using an old logging road as a separation line, I quickly got set up and began calling with my Austin Hornberger, Maple over Mahogany presentation boxcall that I had just received a week earlier. This fella was the first bird back in to offer me a 35 yard shot with a model 43 Winchester in .22 Hornet. Austin makes a fine call, and his calls are quickly becoming my "go to "choice. This is my 3rd kill in 2 years using his products. Thanks Austin !!!

(http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u439/turkburd11/2014%20fall%20turkey%20harvest/DSCF10291024x768_zpsd9085894.jpg)

(http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u439/turkburd11/2014%20fall%20turkey%20harvest/DSCF1036768x1024_zps3f88ef95.jpg)

(http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u439/turkburd11/2014%20fall%20turkey%20harvest/DSCF10341024x871_zps61b7f846.jpg)
Title: Re: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: muzzleman on November 08, 2014, 08:01:15 PM
Congrats on the bird Lonnie,Nothing like hunting birds in the fall. It's my favorite. Time of year
Title: Re: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: lonnielou688 on November 08, 2014, 08:14:46 PM
Thanks Bill, we are blessed to have a fine fall season here in PA ., and I like how it leads into bear and deer openers. It sure is a great time of year to get out there !!
Title: Re: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: Turkeybuster on November 08, 2014, 09:01:01 PM
Congrats. on the bird Lonnie!

Jon
Title: Re: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: Mmcdonald on November 08, 2014, 09:15:25 PM
Congrats on a successful hunt. I have several of Austin's calls and couldn't agree with you more, great calls!
Title: Re: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: Silverspur on November 09, 2014, 03:20:12 AM
Lonnie congrats brother on a fine fall turkey. Austin makes a great box call for sure and is great guy!

 *up* *up*
Title: Re: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: hawglips on November 09, 2014, 05:06:06 AM
Congrats!
Title: Re: 2014 PA fall harvest
Post by: firedup on November 09, 2014, 07:36:37 PM
Fall birds are some kind of fun!!  AND TASTY!!!  Congrats! *up*