Osage Roost

All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: Shadetree Callers on October 24, 2014, 09:53:27 AM

Title: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: Shadetree Callers on October 24, 2014, 09:53:27 AM
This time of the year I am torn between deer hunting and turkey hunting . So I try to combine them when possible. Last Saturday found me perched up in one of my stands on a farm I hunt. After a relatively quiet morning , I climbed down about 10 am and switched gears to turkey hunting. I relocated on the farm to a pasture where turkeys frequent all day. I ran a few yelps on a maple and walnut shortbox made for me by Austin Hornberger . After 3 series of yelps I finally broke through the wind and got responses from a nearby flock . I ran a few calls on a glass call from Gregg Guthridge that has led to the demise of many birds and I see a few birds take flight and land just over a hilltop in the pasture . I grabbed my longbox and gave a couple kee kees and 2 gobbler clucks and then suddenly the whole flock flew into the air again but this time they landed right in front of my gun . At 20 steps I had to give the birds time to separate so I would only hit one. I picked out a nice big hen and gave her a face full of #5's . all in all it took less than 2 hours to fill my tag.
 Now I have the car packed up and I am heading to Kentucky for the turkey opener tomorrow morning . The landowner has been watching a couple flocks for me everyday for awhile now and I cant wait to see the sunrise tomorrow. Thanks for reading along.
Bob
(http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz308/shadetreecallers/20141018_122212_zps109da7f8.jpg) (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/shadetreecallers/media/20141018_122212_zps109da7f8.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: West Augusta on October 24, 2014, 09:59:26 AM
Congrats Bob. 
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: Silverspur on October 24, 2014, 10:06:12 AM
Congrats Bob and a fine tail on that hen..... ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: Mmcdonald on October 24, 2014, 05:23:12 PM
Congrats Bob! Thanks for sharing this story. Good luck in KY!!
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: Turkeybuster on October 24, 2014, 08:22:26 PM
Congrats. Bob that's a nice bird and good luck in Kentucky.

Jon
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: fklll on October 24, 2014, 08:27:03 PM
Way to go Bob.  *up* congrats
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: B-Ready on October 26, 2014, 09:07:10 AM
Way to lat the smack down on a buckeye bird...  *up* congrats Bob!!
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: PA Boxcall on October 26, 2014, 10:28:42 AM
Congrats and good luck!

 *up*
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: GR8CALLS on October 26, 2014, 11:46:15 AM
Well done, Bob! Work'em over in Kentucky!  *up* *up* *up*

Bill
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: AlabamaDave on October 28, 2014, 01:38:32 PM
Congrats man!
Title: Re: Fall Turkey Hunt in Ohio
Post by: Zumer on October 30, 2014, 09:32:21 PM
WTG, Bob.....

     That one will eat good !!