Osage Roost

All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: firedup on October 16, 2014, 08:02:02 PM

Title: Big fight on the hill
Post by: firedup on October 16, 2014, 08:02:02 PM
Had big plans for this year.  My good friend Joe and a few others were to get together for a fall turkey hunt.  Only a short 1 week season but in "The Land of Many Turkeys"!!  Well, for various reasons it got down to me, Joe and ole Torman and then.....I blew my back out by sneezing hard.  Having back issues really is the pits and when it gets to the point that a sneeze knocks ya down flat for days....well let just say...I was mentally and physically miserable.  Anyways, my Daddy raised me to have a "go until ya die" work ethic so there I was out on the job (seriously questioning my limited intellect at that point).  I thought I might walk out an old ridge road to try to loosen up some.  So what happens, in an area with NO fall season....4 big longbeards walk rite up to 25 yds. When they moved on over the hill abit I eased over to take a peek and this is what I found.  Cell phone vid don't show it well but I was pretty close. You mite see motion toward the middle of the screen. Hope this vid works.  I enjoyed just being there no matter what else.

 (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/Turkin%202014/fall%20turkey%20fite_zpsmntiieee.mp4) (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/Turkin%202014/fall%20turkey%20fite_zpsmntiieee.mp4)

Some great hen yelping
 (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/Turkin%202014/fall%20turks_zpsoxtvg83u.mp4) (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/ltpack/Turkin%202014/fall%20turks_zpsoxtvg83u.mp4)
Title: Re: Big fight on the hill
Post by: Mmcdonald on October 16, 2014, 08:54:51 PM
LT that's awesome!! I could listen to turkeys all day long, that's some great audio!!
Title: Re: Big fight on the hill
Post by: Silverspur on October 17, 2014, 06:20:30 AM
Some great audio there. yelping and fighting purrs.  Thanks for posting it! *up* *up*
Title: Re: Big fight on the hill
Post by: firedup on October 17, 2014, 07:46:42 AM
Glad it worked.  I didn't think it loaded.  I got x's here.  I love listening to them in the fall!  ;D
Title: Re: Big fight on the hill
Post by: Silverspur on October 17, 2014, 09:39:42 AM
I got Xs too but when I clicked on them they came up and played on my computer
Title: Re: Big fight on the hill
Post by: West Augusta on October 17, 2014, 03:19:20 PM
I struck out today.  Chilly drizzle and high winds.  Only action I had was Tuesday when I got busted.

We will hunt together one of these years LT.
Last year I was sick,  this year your back went out.  Maybe next spring.  Get better for deer season.