Osage Roost

All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: West Augusta on October 13, 2014, 06:24:28 PM

Title: Vest loaded up
Post by: West Augusta on October 13, 2014, 06:24:28 PM
Got my vest loaded up with strikers, pot calls that I made along with a hot hen and a Kruer copper and a Kruer longbox, a Ralph Permar Kee kee whistle, a Mero Black Locust trumpet and a Mudpuppi Rosewood trumpet.  Shotgun is oiled, red dot battery checked and Mag Blends ready.  Camo got a refresh of Permethrin and the Danner Pronghorns are sitting in the garage waiting on me.  I'll be sitting in the woods for the first time in the morning.  Rumor has it that the oaks hit heavy this year so finding the flock at the Witches Grave might be a bit of a problem but it sure will feel good to watch the sun come up over the ridge.   Good luck to all going out this week.
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: The Woodsman on October 13, 2014, 06:31:28 PM
Good luck Steve! Sounds like you have a good supporting cast heading out.

Are you looking for a hen or gobbler?

Denny
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: fklll on October 13, 2014, 06:44:46 PM
Good luck Steve and have a great time.  *up*
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: firedup on October 13, 2014, 06:47:27 PM
Good luck Steve!  With ya in spirit! ;D
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: GR8CALLS on October 13, 2014, 06:50:30 PM
Go get them, Steve!  *up* *up* *up*

Bill
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: West Augusta on October 13, 2014, 06:59:19 PM
Good luck Steve!  With ya in spirit! ;D
Yep.  You'll be there.  How's the back doing today? 
We'll get together one of these days.
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: West Augusta on October 13, 2014, 07:00:18 PM
Good luck Steve! Sounds like you have a good supporting cast heading out.

Are you looking for a hen or gobbler?

Denny
I'd prefer a gobbler but if a hen comes by then I'll be talking to Mark Sharpe.  *lol*
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: Silverspur on October 13, 2014, 08:12:03 PM
Good Luck Steve, lace em high and tight!
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: West Augusta on October 13, 2014, 08:18:10 PM
Good Luck Steve, lace em high and tight!
I don't think that I need my snakeboots this time of year.  *lol*
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: Mmcdonald on October 13, 2014, 08:36:12 PM
Good luck!!!
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: Turkeybuster on October 14, 2014, 12:46:54 PM
Best of luck Steve have a safe hunt.

Jon
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: West Augusta on October 14, 2014, 07:09:14 PM
Hunted most of the beautiful morning.  Unseasonably warm but windy.  Didn't see much so I wandered around the big hollow and called every 1/2 hour or so and mainly listened.  I finally ended up where I killed a fall gobbler 2 years ago and let out a kee kee run and a series of yelps on the Kruer Yellowheart over Black Limba long box and waited.  Didn't take long to hear a bunch of alarm putts directly behind and above me.  I was on a steep bank and they came in above me.  I didn't hear them for the wind.  At least they came in. Also had a Coopers hawk land 10 yards in front of me to take  a look and a young 4 point buck was actively chasing 2 does like it was the heat of the rut.  I'll be back after those birds later this week after the storms blow through.

(http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq106/West-Augusta/20141014_084412.jpg)
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: The Woodsman on October 15, 2014, 03:30:50 PM
I really like that pic Steve!! You captured the moment well.....

Denny

They will be back too ;)
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: jmck on October 16, 2014, 11:29:53 AM
stay after them and good luck Steve  *up*
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: M Sharpe on October 17, 2014, 06:04:40 AM
Good luck Steve! Sounds like you have a good supporting cast heading out.

Are you looking for a hen or gobbler?

Denny
I'd prefer a gobbler but if a hen comes by then I'll be talking to Mark Sharpe.  *lol*

Good luck Steve!!
Jakes make good bones too!!
Title: Re: Vest loaded up
Post by: West Augusta on October 17, 2014, 07:44:26 PM
It didn't happen this year.  Only got out 2 1/2 days this week.  Rain and work on the new shop kept me out of the woods the rest of the time.
Got busted once and that was the only action I had.  Still had fun.  Our season only lasted one week here in Marion County.