Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: bigonbama on January 29, 2014, 02:55:16 PM

Title: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: bigonbama on January 29, 2014, 02:55:16 PM
Hey Everybody,

I would like to get everyone's opinion on the best surface for an ebony pot.

Thanks so much!

Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: ahornberger22 on January 29, 2014, 05:31:23 PM
I did one slate over glass that came out real nice. My dad snatched it up to hunt with this spring before I tried to sell it lol
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: JLCcalls on January 29, 2014, 08:46:37 PM
Copper or crystal
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: dreis on January 29, 2014, 09:04:13 PM
I'm gonna be making some in copper in the next few weeks with some blanks from Austin... I'll let ya know how they come out...
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: Gobbler Commander on January 30, 2014, 08:11:19 AM
Ive Made ebony glass if it was me glass over slate
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: Spring Dragon on February 02, 2014, 06:15:01 PM
crystal over alum. rocks!---Jason
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: ahornberger22 on February 02, 2014, 09:32:31 PM
Don't know why that screenshot came up before when I tried to post this picture lol but here's the all ebony pot, bronzed glass over slate with a one piece ebony striker

(http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu179/huntin_buck/FEBF241F-2855-4AD7-BA3B-A9CAA3C88AC9_zpsfwsn1s18.jpg) (http://s645.photobucket.com/user/huntin_buck/media/FEBF241F-2855-4AD7-BA3B-A9CAA3C88AC9_zpsfwsn1s18.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: bigonbama on February 04, 2014, 08:55:13 AM
That is a very nice looking call Austin!
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: rio329 on February 04, 2014, 02:28:52 PM
imo slate over beaded glass
Title: Re: Ebony Pot Calls
Post by: BountyHunter on February 04, 2014, 10:01:23 PM
Any surface, depends on what sound you want to get, High Pitched, or Lower tones, depends on tones trying to be acquired, the Pot being of ebony will be a nice tonal one, but, just the vessel.