Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: doublespurs21 on January 14, 2014, 08:29:18 PM

Title: original tom turpin book
Post by: doublespurs21 on January 14, 2014, 08:29:18 PM
 there is a original tom turpin  book on ebay. HUNTING THE WILD TURKEY,item #111256814777. anybody see one of these before,, bid is over 18 hundred,,,,,,,,,,
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: Silverspur on January 15, 2014, 06:00:40 AM
You can get re-prints on Amazon or Mid West Turkey for $19.95
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: firedup on January 15, 2014, 08:59:08 AM
I have heard that book described as the Holy Grail of turkey hunting books. Almost impossible to find.
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: Silverspur on January 15, 2014, 11:21:28 AM
That book is up to $2025.00 with 8 days of bidding left
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: longbeard48 on January 15, 2014, 06:25:28 PM
And just think, someone once paid probably less than $5 for it NEW!  darn, I wish I had not let my grandma give my baseball cards to my cousins and that I had put my '67 GTO up on blocks! Oh, well....
Tom
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: doublespurs21 on January 23, 2014, 09:04:17 PM
this book just sold for $2550.00 ,,,,, not bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: mikey715 on January 23, 2014, 11:04:14 PM
I'd go for the brand new one for 20 bucks!!! ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: GR8CALLS on January 24, 2014, 04:26:32 PM
I'd go for the brand new one for 20 bucks!!! ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO

Unfortunately, the new one will never be as valuable or as sought after, as the original!   *cheers*

Bill
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: mikey715 on January 24, 2014, 08:49:44 PM
Now we know who bought it!!   *peep* *peep* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol*
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: Blackfalcon on February 04, 2014, 01:58:06 PM
Actually a very good deal, considering the rarity of the originals, and the price realized by the last one that went to auction *cheers*
Title: Re: original tom turpin book
Post by: GR8CALLS on February 04, 2014, 02:12:40 PM
Now we know who bought it!!   *peep* *peep* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol*

Not me! I have two of the originals already!  *peep* *peep* *peep*

Bill