Osage Roost

All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: B-Ready on December 13, 2013, 01:18:43 PM

Title: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: B-Ready on December 13, 2013, 01:18:43 PM
Today was the last day of our 2013 Fall turkey season here in Ky. We get 2 Fall sessions. One week in October and another week in December. The season opened last Saturday and I couldn't get out because of the #%&!! winter storm that rolled in leaving Ice, Snow and then some more Ice  *cry* put a risky damper on the traveling plan, so I played it safe and stayed home  >:(. After working all week I had only one chance left, today was going to be a make it or break it day. It was really cold this morning, so I bundled up extra good and headed to the roosting spot. I set up with my hunting partner for the day...... A really  *(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/turkeycall/IMG_0518.jpg) (http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/turkeycall/media/IMG_0518.jpg.html)*  *cool* mud cured osage trumpet from Brian Watts. Oh Brian been getting some top shelf advice and he's taken his trumpets to a new level. It's a dandy and eye candy to boot. It helped me bag this bearded hen this morning. She's a nice one!

Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: Shadetree Callers on December 13, 2013, 01:28:06 PM
Congrats buddy , thats the way to get er done.
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: West Augusta on December 13, 2013, 07:00:06 PM
Congrats Brent.  You getting that one mounted?  A bearded hen?  I might have to.
I agree with you about Brians woodwinds.  He's got them working.
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: Addicted2Gobblin on December 13, 2013, 07:04:34 PM
Congrats Brent on a nice bird!! Hope that can hold you over until spring gets here.
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: jmck on December 13, 2013, 07:26:21 PM
Congrats Brent..... 2 seasons huh- and my phone ain't rang yet *wha*
Looks like ya Lady Luck a a fine trumpet with ya today- good thing Frank had to work wasn't it  *lol*
I know one thing- Brian is really eaten up with these horns and he has been focused on em all year with some sound advice from a fine man--I know you have made his day taking that bird with his call-
Congrats to two great friends for the successful hunt
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: B-Ready on December 13, 2013, 07:48:33 PM
Congrats Brent.  You getting that one mounted?  A bearded hen?  I might have to.
I agree with you about Brians woodwinds.  He's got them working.
No ... I already got it in the freezer. I'm kinda regretting it know. I will have a wingbone call made for sure.
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: jmck on December 13, 2013, 08:03:09 PM
Frank said his wife wouldn't allow him to mount it  *peep*
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: B-Ready on December 13, 2013, 08:44:21 PM
Frank said his wife wouldn't allow him to mount it  *peep*
*aah* That's not true.... He can have all the game mounted he want as long as it stay's in the shop area...... It's call happy wife happy life he said.  ::)
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: nx95240 on December 13, 2013, 09:01:52 PM
WOW brent way to go my friend. iam very glad you like the horn you got. heck yea for me this is a 1st place ribbon at the grand national when someone take a bird with something I made . iam very glad the someone show me what I was doing wrong and NOW there the best I ever made.. again way to go bud..
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: Turkeybuster on December 13, 2013, 09:31:39 PM
Congrats. Brent thats a nice bird it had a good beard for a hen to there usually pencil beards.

Jon
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: Silverspur on December 15, 2013, 03:51:29 AM
Congrats Brent, that is a fine bearded lady and Mr. Watts horn did the trick! Now did u give that lady a toolbox ride home...
Title: Re: Kentucky Fall Season goes out with a Bang!
Post by: The Woodsman on December 22, 2013, 04:38:05 AM
Congrats on a nice hunt and the bearded lady.... I hope to get more into using some trumpets.

Denny