Osage Roost

All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: TRKYHTR on December 07, 2013, 08:55:20 PM

Title: Fall Turkey 2013
Post by: TRKYHTR on December 07, 2013, 08:55:20 PM
I finally got lucky today and found some turkeys. Had a friend of mine, Josh, invite me up to hunt. He told me where they usually roost and off I went dark 30. Sure enough light came and there were no turkey sounds within hearing. I moved a few times calling occasionally and around 9:00 am I moved back toward my truck. I set up in a field since it had rained all night. I finally decided to call it quits and when I got up I spotted a turkey about 300 yards away. I sat back down and called a little with no response. I stood up and checked with my binoculars again and they were still in the same area, so I took the fight to them. I dropped into a 12' high ditch that went straight to them. I got to where I thought they were and then had to climb out of the ditch. Did I say it had rained all night. I had mud everywhere. Finally made it to the top and peaked up and they were to mu left about 50 yards. I hunkered down and waited for them to feed out in front. I spotted a couple straight out and was getting ready to choose one when I looked to my left and there was a mess of them standing there looking at me. There was no way to shoot at them without killing a dozen with one shot so I looked back to the first group and they were getting nervous. A couple started running and the others got nervous. I finally spotted one by himself and I put the crosshairs on him and pulled the trigger. Turkeys went everywhere. After I checked the turkey I headed in the general direction and then sat down and waited for the turkey calling to begin. It didn't take long before they were carrying on like crazy. I had to pull out my phone and get a little video. It was a good day.

TRKYHTR

(http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/trkyhtr/002-38.jpg) (http://s242.photobucket.com/user/trkyhtr/media/002-38.jpg.html)

(http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/trkyhtr/004-32.jpg) (http://s242.photobucket.com/user/trkyhtr/media/004-32.jpg.html)


(http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/trkyhtr/th_FallTurkeyHunt2013.jpg) (http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/trkyhtr/FallTurkeyHunt2013.mp4)
Title: Re: Fall Turkey 2013
Post by: Silverspur on December 08, 2013, 06:00:24 AM
Congrats!
Title: Re: Fall Turkey 2013
Post by: BluMtnGobbler on December 08, 2013, 06:52:19 AM
Way to go, nice bird,Congrats
Title: Re: Fall Turkey 2013
Post by: jmck on December 08, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
Congrats on the hunt Joe
And also for what sounds to be your weekly bath taken as well
Title: Re: Fall Turkey 2013
Post by: Turkeybuster on December 08, 2013, 11:51:00 AM
 *up*

Jon
Title: Re: Fall Turkey 2013
Post by: hawglips on December 13, 2013, 08:32:11 AM
Way to go Joe!