Osage Roost
All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: jmck on October 23, 2013, 04:46:24 PM
-
Tuesday morning began with one of my best friends, Aubie Smith, a farmer who I hunt on and with a lot. Aubie is always an adventure everytime you hunt with, as endless 'HAPPENINGS" SEEM TO ALWAYS OCCUR. We were loading the buggy Tuesday morn, and I watched as Aubie loaded his turkey gun....NOT any 3 shells were the same color... ROTFLMBO--but this is normal for the ole farmer. We lit out headed for a big roost on the land we cherish, its sacred ground that the last few years has been delegated to our kids. The place is LOADED with birds always. Aubie has never busted birds let me preface here. He isn't really sure of what I had told him, as we prank each other endless. We got to the area, and waited to hear something, his birds usually talk very early...we hear them not 100 yds from where we waited. We sat out walking right into them. I was chuckeling at his torment of what he thought would ruin the hunt from the get /go. Well...turkeys flew, and flew, and flew...they went in all 4 directions. His expression was priceless, as he couldn't believe what we were doing.
We gave them some time and began calling with the Watkins snakewwod box,my longbox, Brian Watts trumpet he made for Aubie,a Slayton mouth call and my Watkins trumpet. Turkeys were on the way.....the FIRST volley of two shots didn't find its mark... *peep*, the he had to borrow my shells and he got the job done. He was astonished and speechless at what he witnessed. I am glad I enjoyed the event from the same tree with him.
(http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss77/jmckamey/aubie4jpg_zps83a30ebd.jpg) (http://s563.photobucket.com/user/jmckamey/media/aubie4jpg_zps83a30ebd.jpg.html)
-
No fare, Jeff, hunting on a turkey farm! *peep* *lol* *lol*
Nothing finer than hunting with good friends! Congrats on a successful hunt! *up* *up* *up* *up*
Bill
-
That was a great hunt which is exactly how it was discribed in detail to me by a car salesman. Glad you guys had a great time! *up*
-
Aubie needed to get some Nitros... *peep*.. Great hunt guys ... Congrats!!!
-
What...mittens in Tennesee?? Heck, I thought it was permanently warm across the mason dixon?? *bannana* Can't beat that experience Jeff and I am sure, as the saying goes, the expression on Aubie's face must have been "priceless"!
-
IT'S FALL SEASON FOR YOU GUYS??? WOW WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL Nov 9 - Dec 8 *cry*
GOOD JOB JEFF!
-
Sounds like y'll had a great time. Congrats on a nice bird.
-
Awesome hunt! Nothing beats a good breakup in the fall! *up*
-
Now thats what its all about Congrats.
Jon
-
Those sure aren't SNAKEBOOTS Aubie is wearing. *lol* *lol*
Sounds like a great morning. Congrats.
-
I bet his look was pricelss while you were busting them up... ;D
-
Sounds like you had a great hunt!! *up* *up*
-
way to go Jeffro...hate that me & radio had to miss it.. :(..next year will be a different story.... ;)
-
Congrats on a great hunt
-
K--when I tell Radio that you were scarred to hunt my places--he will start running coons for you *wha*
-
K--when I tell Radio that you were scarred to hunt my places--he will start running coons for you *wha*
I bet radio bites K.... ::)
-
K
With all those turkeys on that place, Radio may just be so confused, you may have to seek a good psychologist, for him! *lol* *up* *up* *up*
Bill
-
*lol*...from what Jeff says he might OD on feathers.. ;D