Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: superstrutter on November 19, 2009, 05:44:17 PM

Title: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: superstrutter on November 19, 2009, 05:44:17 PM
HOW DO WE LOVE SOMETHING, THAT AGGREVATES US SO BAD! *up* RkLu *up*
Is it the challenge or just the chance to defeat a animal that is so smart?
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: BigTomsCalls on November 19, 2009, 05:59:15 PM
The Good Lord does not subtract from a man's life the time he spends in the Turkey Woods!!!
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: hunter22 on November 19, 2009, 07:37:33 PM
It has to be the challenge. I have told a lot of people anybody can go out and kill a deer. All you have to do is get in a good place with sign and be patient. Turkeys are not this way. I know some good deer hunters that have killed very few turkeys. Turkeys are the ultimate challenge in hunting for me and the gobble just seals the deal.
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: GR8CALLS on November 19, 2009, 07:44:23 PM
 I've always said................when you loose the thrill............it's time to quit! Nothing more thrilling than the gobble of the wild turkey........even after 40 plus years of learning lessons from them, every time I go out!   *cry* *cry* *gobble* *gobble* *up* *up* *up*

Bill
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Turkeybuster on November 19, 2009, 08:00:52 PM
The Good Lord does not subtract from a man's life the time he spends in the Turkey Woods!!!

I should live to be 150 hope you are right!
Jon   *cheers*
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Bulldogmikey on November 19, 2009, 08:14:15 PM
Money, Sex, Power and Turkey Hunting, The 4 vices man.
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: callmaker69 on November 20, 2009, 09:07:46 AM
Money, Sex, Power and Turkey Hunting, The 4 vices man.

LOL I have no money or power and I give up whatever sex I have during turkey season! ;D
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: turkey stew on November 21, 2009, 01:52:39 PM
The Good Lord does not subtract from a man's life the time he spends in the Turkey Woods!!!
*up* *up*
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Porter on November 24, 2009, 07:43:28 PM
It has to be the challenge. I have told a lot of people anybody can go out and kill a deer. All you have to do is get in a good place with sign and be patient. Turkeys are not this way. I know some good deer hunters that have killed very few turkeys. Turkeys are the ultimate challenge in hunting for me and the gobble just seals the deal.

I'm not sure I've ever seen that quoted any better.  It irritates me when people say turkeys are dumb...  they are easy.  I'm sure you can "pattern" them and get lucky, but overall... you have to put time into it to figure them out.  In the Spring, you think you have the deal sealed and here comes a hen and goes to the Tom...  No matter how many great calls I have and use...  I lose more often than I win.

Deer hunting... I love it, but the thrill is dwindling..  Take this year for example.  I never went to the farm.  Saw aerial photos and based my site selections off of it.  I saw plenty of deer and had some success off of that alone.  The birds on that farm, were nowhere near where I had pictured them being. 

I'm starting to fall in love with fall hunting as much as spring too... but I'm not sure anything beats the adrenaline rush of a tom gobbling, spitting and drumming his way in!!!!
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Little Strutter on November 26, 2009, 07:57:06 AM
Hey thats true isn"t it. *gobble* *ride* *up* RkLu *cool*
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Dcoleinpa on November 26, 2009, 03:24:26 PM
i explained it to a guy at work like this. " turkey hunting is like a game of chess"
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Zumer on November 27, 2009, 05:13:00 AM
Turkeys are an awfully lot like a woman.......

      You think you have a given situation figured out and something changes...... :-\

      The cost to play with either is expensive..... ::)

       Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want, when dealing with both......... *bowing*

       The silent treatment from both is one in the same...... *peep*

        Zips

       
     
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Bulldogmikey on November 27, 2009, 05:31:18 PM
Turkeys are an awfully lot like a woman.......

      You think you have a given situation figured out and something changes...... :-\

      The cost to play with either is expensive..... ::)

       Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want, when dealing with both......... *bowing*

       The silent treatment from both is one in the same...... *peep*

        Zips

       
     

Thats PERFECT!!   *cry* *cry* *cry* *cry*

Mike
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: hunter22 on November 27, 2009, 10:11:55 PM
Zumer,

You sure know how to choose your words. That sums it up where every man should understand perfectly.
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Zumer on December 07, 2009, 05:24:37 PM
Hunter 22,

               Thank You....... ROTFLMBO

    Zips
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: GR8CALLS on December 07, 2009, 05:43:31 PM
Zips

You left out one important thing!!!!

Both can be addicting............... *wha* *wha* *bannana* *bannana* *bannana* ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO

Bill
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: wisturkeyhunter on December 07, 2009, 05:55:09 PM
Turkeys are dumb
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: Zumer on December 14, 2009, 02:25:22 PM
Zips

You left out one important thing!!!!

Both can be addicting............... *wha* *wha* *bannana* *bannana* *bannana* ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO

Bill

  You said a mouth full there....... RkLu
Title: Re: TURKEY HUNTING
Post by: KPcalls on December 15, 2009, 06:51:16 PM
Turkeys are an awfully lot like a woman.......

      You think you have a given situation figured out and something changes...... :-\

      The cost to play with either is expensive..... ::)

       Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want, when dealing with both......... *bowing*

       The silent treatment from both is one in the same...... *peep*

        Zips

       
     


Very well put.... ;D