Osage Roost
General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: B-Ready on September 02, 2013, 08:18:01 PM
-
(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/turkeycall/IMG_0405.jpg)[/URL
We Can't Thank Jeff and Julie McKamey enough for a wonderful weekend at there beautiful home. :grouphug: They rolled out the red carpet for the Kentuckians. A great weekend callmaking and a little apple pie to go around :P with friends. Thanks Brian Watts, Ed Jenkins and Steve "get the pipe up" Hardin for showing up also. We had a blast is a understatement. This is turning into a annual event that is the highlight of our summer. I came home with 3 Do-Dats that Jeff makes very few of. I think 15 to date. 2 years back, I got Jeff's personal #5 butternut, yellowheart call and hunted with it this year with great success. So when Jeff asked what we wanted to get into.... It was a no brainer for me.. Let's Do-Dat!! *up*
R-L Black Limba w/ Bloodwood Lid, One of the best pieces of Perryman minerial poplar Jeff had ;D Topped with another Bloodwood lid. Last but not least is a Classic Butternut/Yellowheart combo with a special one of kind woodburning by Jeff.... All I can't say is "Beware Scott Witter" this is a great example of a turkey skull with dogwoods. I put Jeff to a challenge and he passed with flying colors.... Thanks again My Friend for a awesome weekend !!..... *cheers* (http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/turkeycall/media/IMG_0405.jpg.html)
-
It sure sounds like y'all did have fun! Glad to hear you also had extra friends and callmakers to make it even more festive. Now, on the woodburning front...well, let's just say it ain't that hard when you're tracing a pattern. Why don't ya go ahead and give us a close up on that wood burning huh?...Sure, just go ahead!! *peep*
Nice set of calls Brent!
-
Scott have you ever heard of the 20 foot rule..... *bowing* It's awesome man!! 8)
-
Yep, at 20' everything looks good, especially with sunglasses on *lol*
-
at 20 ft with some apple pie--to quote willy nelsons song.. 10 was a 2... *lol* some apple pie and 20 ft away---a lot of things look GOOD!!! haha. man I cant believe I missed out on the trip--wont do dat again!!! and thanks for the gift stoner! sounds like ya'll had a blast and mopin that I wasn't there this time---hope the gift helped out somewhat though, i'll make up for it next year brother
-
I was glad to hand out with you two for sure all ways fun around you all. I think we need to take up money to get jeff more long box lids.. ROTFLMBO but cannot wait until feb. at Nashville WHAT A TIME WE WILL HAVE.. *up* *up* *up* *up* *up* *up*
-
Sounds like a good time was had by all .
-
It was great meeting up with you and Frank and it has been too long since I stopped by to see ole snakeboots. Looking forward to spending some more time with ya'll in Nashville!
-
Sounds like a great weekend and I only got texts at 1AM and no apple pie phone calls. Calls look great and I did hear one and it sounded mighty fine to my old ears. The most important part is you had fun and everyone got home safely on a holiday weekend.
*up*
-
Just what till McKamey starts an inventory of his calls... *lol* There will be all kinds of *poo* missing... ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO Nice ones Brent glad you boys made it home safe...
-
Just what till McKamey starts an inventory of his calls... *lol* There will be all kinds of *poo* missing... ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO Nice ones Brent glad you boys made it home safe...
Frank had big fun changing the posted notes around on all of Jeff's calls ??? Going to take him awhile to figure out what goes to whom ...... *peep* That Frank is becoming quite the prankster *lol*
-
How many of Jeff's collectable calls did you guys walk away with *peep* that he will never miss cause he doesn't remember that he has them? *lol*
-
Yep - the 20 foot rule applies here Scott- we started to pull up your last post and one up ya on it, but just before they left Brent threw that call at me a wanted something burned- with only a few minutes, I didn't think I cold do a flock, mountains, barns and the like-I didn't really want to take the wind out of your sail buddy!! ROTFLMBO
I did learn- lease is more though ;D- the dogwoods are kinda dark !!.... But it's only Brent's call. Right *lol*
On a serious note, frank showed up with a Brinks truck of calls!! Let me say, the boy has a pile of mighty FINE calls. He has it going on and I'm proud for him. Brent even sent me a sound file yesterday and he made one at home- way to finally quit cleaning your shop and planning Brent and finally get into making a few !!!
Was glad Ed made it too- he brought a great canarywood call he slipped me before he left too- it's a good un ain't it Kentucky boyz ;).
And Frank- if ya screwed with my post it notes- it ain't that far a drive to yer house either *fall* >!!
Brian had his work - turning some mighty fine horn these days too !!
And then ole " get the pipe up"-Harden made an apps fence- we had a great time with friends getting together sharing a lifestyle we all cherish- that's what it's all about.....I am surprised some of the pics have not surfaced yet .....
Had a blast brothers and loved having y'all here
Thanks for visiting
-
I am really shock that no pic are up yet. I cannot wit for this to happen..thank Jeff for the night e words about my horns I couldn't done it without the help of the man.
-
Pictures? I'm still trying to figure out what the heck this one is. *lol* *lol* It was texted to me sometime late one evening. *lol* *lol*
(http://i44.tinypic.com/246p3py.jpg)
-
I need sun glasses when looking at that picture Steve, Could be a scene from "What's My Line", will the real callmaker please stand up.... ROTFLMBO
-
I will give y'all a hint......
It's
S T O N E R ROTFLMBO
That's what continued use of Apple Pie does *peep* *lol*
He's really versatile with a BROOM also ;)
-
I keep visualizing the movie, "A weekend at Bernie's"...........sans the dead guy! Sounds like a great time was had by all! *up* *up* *up*
Bill
-
I also wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the McKamey's for the great time that they showed us big eared Kentuckians. *dance* *dance* *dance* It was great to see Brian, Ed, and Steve and talk turkey with them at Jeff's shop. I learn so much from Jeff every time I get some shop time with him. Jeff the help is much appreciated friend. *cheers* I also lifted some calls from Jeff's over the weekend. *peep* I left with a Do-Dat and a long box.
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/fklll/IMG_0623.jpg) (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/fklll/media/IMG_0623.jpg.html)
The Do-Dat is made from Perryman poplar with a bloodwood lid.
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/fklll/IMG_0620.jpg) (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/fklll/media/IMG_0620.jpg.html)
The long box is black limba with a padauk lid.
(http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/fklll/IMG_0622.jpg) (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/fklll/media/IMG_0622.jpg.html)
Thanks again Jeff, can't wait till the next time *cheers*
-
I keep visualizing the movie, "A weekend at Bernie's"...........sans the dead guy! Sounds like a great time was had by all! *up* *up* *up*
Bill
*lol* *lol* Bill, I see it more like the deleted woodshop scene from the movie Animal House. *lol*
-
I thought it was my head in that picture but I am sure happy that it's Stoner's instead. :o :o :o ;D
-
Never saw Brent without a hat so I didn't know and I think Julie called it animal house for the weekend. Frank you left with some real nice calls but tell us about the calls that you took when you cleaned the shop ROTFLMBO
-
(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/turkeycall/IMG_0385.jpg) (http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/turkeycall/media/IMG_0385.jpg.html)
Here's a picture of Frank.... He's wondering where the turkey went in this call ??? ROTFLMBO *lol*
-
(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/turkeycall/IMG_0385.jpg) (http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/turkeycall/media/IMG_0385.jpg.html)
Here's a picture of Frank.... He's wondering where the turkey went in this call ??? ROTFLMBO *lol*
*lol* *lol* Which way did he go.....Which way did he go! ROTFLMBO