Osage Roost
General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: longbeard48 on August 29, 2013, 08:26:21 PM
-
(http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/4227941-T600450.jpg)
Left to Right: Me, my wife, Nina, John Kent, and his wife, Sharon.
John Kent has been a customer of mine for going on three years, now, but he is a lot more than that. John is also a great friend and a spokesman for Mississippi Scratch Box Turkey Calls. Longbeards tremble at the sound of his footsteps!
This week, John and his wife Sharon were on a visit to Mississippi from their home in South Carolina, and Nina and I were honored to have them as guests in our home. John went away with a hand-picked poplar scratch box to add to his arsenal, and he left me a couple of blocks of flourescent Oregon Myrtle, which will be turned into some special edition Mississippi Scratch Boxes! We made plans to double team a bird or two when spring gets here. Come back anytime, friends!
-
Great story and congrats!
-
Tom
It's good to see you up and around, after your bronc ride w/ the four wheeler. Can't wait to see those Myrtle scratch boxes!
Bill
-
Tom, I agree with Bill on your recovery...you simply can't beat good and new friends , especially those who turkey hunt!! *up* *up*
-
Thanks, friends. It;s nice to be walking again, even with a slight limp! I totally wore out a recliner and Nina made me promise to buy her a new one. Those walls sure can close in on you!
John selected the myrtle himself while he was in Oregon this spring. I can't wait for the weather to cool down enough that I can get back in the shop and begin making calls again!