Osage Roost

Turkey Call Paradise => From the Callmaker's Bench => Topic started by: B-Ready on June 04, 2013, 08:57:55 PM

Title: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: B-Ready on June 04, 2013, 08:57:55 PM
While out turkey hunting this Spring I came across some wild cane growing along a river bank. I brought home a few pieces  and tried my hand at making a few yelpers. I'm pleased at the way they sound, now I have to learn how to make them purdy.(http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/turkeycall/IMG_0179.jpg) (http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/turkeycall/media/IMG_0179.jpg.html)

Thanks for the look!  *cheers*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: turkey stew on June 04, 2013, 09:00:47 PM
Nice hunting yelpers!
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: callmakerman on June 04, 2013, 09:23:47 PM
They look fine to me. Put them in the hands of some turkey killers and they can add a bloody finger print to make pretty. *cheers*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: fklll on June 04, 2013, 09:39:39 PM
Brent made me one of those bad boys and let me say they have lots of turkey in them. I am planing to get it out in the field and see how it performs. They are very easy to play.  *up*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: larry9988 on June 04, 2013, 09:45:44 PM
Pretty don't kill turkeys, sound does. By the time the turkey gets close enough to see if the call is pretty or not, it's too late. Just kidding, but they look good just as they are.
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: Silverspur on June 05, 2013, 03:42:08 AM
Brent, they look good and as Frank said, they sound good , that is all a turkey hunter wants, a call that sounds like a turkey.  Congrats on making them!!! *up*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: Rope on June 05, 2013, 08:47:21 AM
They look like killers to me.
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: SCGobbler on June 05, 2013, 09:17:58 AM
Got some myself this year.  Haven't had the chance to do anything with it yet.

I found a hen someon had hit ont eh side of the road too that I de-winged... I can't remember where I put the cleaned bones though  *cry*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: jmck on June 05, 2013, 09:25:50 AM
great looking stuff Stoner---and from what I hear---they are killas also.
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: Blackfalcon on June 05, 2013, 09:43:32 AM
Looking good Brent...nice job! *up*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: M Sharpe on June 05, 2013, 10:09:49 AM
Looks like you are on the right road Brent!
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: Lowcountry Longbeard on June 05, 2013, 03:59:02 PM
they look like 100 year old classics, dont touch 'em!
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: fargobox on June 06, 2013, 07:35:23 AM
Brent, I too like the 'raw' look of these and wouldn't be too concerned about any further adornment. *up*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: MadYelper on June 08, 2013, 08:14:15 AM
Some very nice looking yelpers!  *up*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: ncturkey on June 11, 2013, 07:48:49 PM
Nice looking yelpers.
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: Old School on June 11, 2013, 08:03:08 PM
Lookin Good!   *up*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: Shadetree Callers on June 11, 2013, 09:54:48 PM
Nice job buddy . You are getting the hang of calling with em too .  *up*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: B-Ready on June 12, 2013, 05:49:01 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guy's !!  *cheers*
Title: Re: Wild Cane Yelpers
Post by: Ferguson on June 12, 2013, 07:01:45 AM
 *cheers*