Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: hunter22 on April 02, 2013, 07:29:11 PM

Title: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: hunter22 on April 02, 2013, 07:29:11 PM
I have just finished a really neat 10/22 build. I will put a scope on it this week and post it later. It turned out better than I expected.

I was low on .22 ammo so started trying to find some. I have checked every Walmart and gun store in the northern half of Arkansas and there is none to be found. One large gun store told me today I would be lucky to find any in a tri-state area. I have bought some off Gunbroker to get by but paid 3 times what it should have cost. Anyone else having this problem? They may not be able to control our guns but ammo may be a different story. I reload for about 25 different centerfire calibers and have enough components to last the rest of my life.  But rimfires are a different story. 
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: Turkeybuster on April 02, 2013, 08:01:36 PM
Ask your congressman there is none to be had the government is keeping it out of the hands of the people. You are not alone and the people are getting very concerned. They are doing the same with reloading components.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: nx95240 on April 02, 2013, 08:26:41 PM
same there here i shoot target 22  ad the 22 ammo we shoot everybody bought all of the up.. at 18 a box of 50 you would think they would be still some left but not now..
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: longbeard48 on April 02, 2013, 08:52:09 PM
I don't think the government has anything to do with the shortage, except for the fact that they scared everyone to buying and hoarding ammo.
CCI reportedly makes 10 million rounds of rimfire every day.  Throw Remington and Winchester, Federal, and smaller companies into the mix and we are talking about 50 million rounds per day at least, and yet, every time my local Wally World gets an order, it dissappears from the shelves in one day.  I am sitting on about 5 bricks and wont shoot any until I can buy more.  How many others are doing the same thing?  We are doing this to ourselves, in my opinion, and yet, I am not ashamed to have become what some people would call a "hoarder".  I have vowed not to be caught "low" on any kind of ammo again.  My idea of "low" is probably a little more than some and much less than others.  Heck, I know several people with enough .45, .223, and 9mm to sponsor a war in some of those third world countries!   
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: firedup on April 02, 2013, 09:12:13 PM
Can't find it here in WV either.  I was in Cabela's couple weeks ago and they had some. Customers were throwing fits cause they would only sell 1 box to each customer. And I mean a box, 25 or 50. Not a case.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: mikey715 on April 02, 2013, 09:34:30 PM
 *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* It is not the govenment!!!  It the hoarders,and it won't stop until they quit hoarding!!!! PERIOD!!
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: GR8CALLS on April 02, 2013, 10:07:35 PM
 *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo*

SSDD!

Bill
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: drenalinld on April 02, 2013, 10:19:18 PM
If I see any, I buy it. Apparently so does most all gun owners. Rimfire is rare on the shelf and they can name their price if they have it.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: mikey715 on April 02, 2013, 11:30:11 PM
Get mine for 23.99 a brick,as long as I get them before the hoarders do!!! If I wanted,twice a week,but I dont need them so I dont buy them.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: mikey715 on April 02, 2013, 11:52:48 PM
*poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo*

SSDD!

Bill
Same *poo* Different Day? ::) ::).....You are so touchy,Bill. I could send pics of them if you dont believe me,Bill!! *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol*
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: Turkeybuster on April 03, 2013, 07:58:06 AM
No government involvment huh  *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol*.

Jon
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: Lumberjack on April 03, 2013, 08:25:34 AM
There was a story in local paper here in New York about a guy wanting to take his son squirrel hunting and he went to a dozen stores before he could find one box of 22's,not much of any ammo on sporting goods stores up here. If a store can get some its usually gone in first couple hours after delivery.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: gbblr-killer on April 03, 2013, 09:55:40 AM
*poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo*

SSDD!

Bill

 *up*
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: gbblr-killer on April 03, 2013, 09:57:34 AM
here in ЌАLIFОЯИІА its impossible to find any............ *aah*
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: B-Ready on April 03, 2013, 10:00:43 AM
*poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo*

SSDD!

Bill
I agree totally !!  *up*
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: GR8CALLS on April 03, 2013, 11:19:33 AM
*poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo*

SSDD!

Bill
Same *poo* Different Day? ::) ::).....You are so touchy,Bill. I could send pics of them if you dont believe me,Bill!! *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol*

Mikey, why are you always looking for something to Bi#ch  about? I just made a post with SSDD, because we have been all over this once before...........and that one turned to  *poo*! It wasn't directed at you!

Bill
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: Gitzit69 on April 03, 2013, 12:00:26 PM
Get mine for 23.99 a brick,as long as I get them before the hoarders do!!! If I wanted,twice a week,but I dont need them so I dont buy them.
Buy me 10 boxes and I'll pay the shipping. Heck I might even throw in a trumpet for your troubles.  ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: mikey715 on April 03, 2013, 04:22:08 PM
*poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo* *poo*

SSDD!

Bill
Same *poo* Different Day? ::) ::).....You are so touchy,Bill. I could send pics of them if you dont believe me,Bill!! *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol*

Mikey, why are you always looking for something to Bi#ch  about? I just made a post with SSDD, because we have been all over this once before...........and that one turned to  *poo*! It wasn't directed at you!

Bill
Me B@tchin??? *lol* *lol* *lol* Bill,you been doing that for the last 4 year and will be for the next 4 years!!  *lol* *lol* I was just telling what I see with my own eyes,Buddy, *up* *up* *up*
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: West Augusta on April 03, 2013, 04:59:41 PM
Gentlemen, Please be civil.  I really don't want to lock threads but can't allow mud slinging.  I don't care who started it. 
Be nice or this one goes away.
Thank you.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: yankee gobbler on April 03, 2013, 05:08:35 PM
Where I live, NO PROBLEM finding 22cal shells. No hoarders, merchants are fair in pricing and dats part of livin up nort' Wisconsin. NO...I won't buy and ship.
 
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: Gitzit69 on April 03, 2013, 05:29:17 PM
NO...I won't buy and ship.
 
Do they sell online?  ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: limhnger on April 03, 2013, 09:03:39 PM
It's pretty ridiculous down here. This was Good Friday morning at a local Walmart people waiting on .22's...$9/225 rd box limit of 3!

(http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/jestridg/PART_1364559949321-1.jpg)
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: GR8CALLS on April 03, 2013, 09:12:03 PM
You sure that wasn't a line for the crapper?  ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO       Clean up on isle 4!   *peep* *peep* *lol*

Bill
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: limhnger on April 03, 2013, 09:17:15 PM
They've relocated the ammo supply from the sport goods dept closer to the sh&$$er because its become such an overwhelming incident everyday.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: turkeyfanatic on April 06, 2013, 08:38:21 PM
22......heck you can't buy anything in NC.
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: limhnger on April 06, 2013, 09:44:53 PM
Got some more .22s at the same Walmart pictured above and same line too. This Walmart had more than 150,000 rds of .22 ammo on the dolley. At lunch they still had 45,000 left and at 5 o'clock it was gone! No mas, gone, nada, finished, done! Crazy...
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: Turkeybuster on April 06, 2013, 10:24:00 PM
A mere crum from the administration.

Jon
Title: Re: .22 Ammo Question
Post by: mikey715 on April 15, 2013, 10:55:55 PM
A mere crum from the administration.

Jon
ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO