Osage Roost

All Hunting => Fall Turkey Hunting => Topic started by: Silverspur on November 07, 2012, 06:19:49 PM

Title: This one has a tail
Post by: Silverspur on November 07, 2012, 06:19:49 PM
Mike Lapp took this fall gobbler in PA and needed some assistance in posting this picture since his granddaughter has control of his computer.  I am posting this for him but, I will let Mike tell the story when he gets his computer back ROTFLMBO later on this evening.

(http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii105/rsmithpa/photo-5.jpg)
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: Silverspur on November 07, 2012, 06:31:34 PM
Congrats Mike and looking forward to the story! *gobble*
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: mikey715 on November 07, 2012, 06:35:18 PM
Congrats Mike!!
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: turkey stew on November 07, 2012, 06:39:02 PM
Congrats Mike.
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: West Augusta on November 07, 2012, 07:09:11 PM
Good job Mike.
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: gonehuntin982 on November 07, 2012, 07:38:35 PM
Thanks For posting the pic Bob. Sorry my story is not as exciting as Bob's I spent opening day here in Pa. hunting for turkey's and found no scratchings no droppings at the usual roost sites heard nothing after many miles of hiking ??? I went back to camp mid afternoon for a bite to eat and of course after eating I was feeling lazy so I decided to hunt a field surrounded by woods only 250 yards from camp. Nothing in the field so I walked into the woods 50 yards sat down and pulled out a box call that I made for gobbler yelping and made two yelps I got an immediate answer Yep you guessed it I was still wearing the orange hat and vest required in Pa when moving and I looked down though the woods and I see about 10 or 12 turkeys running around chasing each other so looking like the great pumpkin I yelped again getting another response and a group of 4 broke away I made one deep cluck and they came running to me  ;D and Bob they all had tail feathers *peep*  Mike
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: Silverspur on November 07, 2012, 07:48:16 PM
Glad your turkey had all its feathers. You didn't even have to run to get yours. darn your good... Lol.  Now that box call , I had a. Opportunity to hear and it's very different than a typical Lapp box call and you have something there that is a great call. So in the end, you gave that bird a Lapp Dance *lol*
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: AlabamaDave on November 07, 2012, 08:19:36 PM
Congrats Mike!....lapp dance!! LOL!! I like that!
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: Turkeybuster on November 07, 2012, 08:38:19 PM
Congrats. Mike that's a nice bird tail and all.

Jon
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: jmck on November 07, 2012, 08:49:39 PM
congrats Mike  *cheers*
Boy....its really nice to have a picture taken with a bird that looks good...and not like its been drug down the road for miles  ;D
Poor ole Bobs bird ...... *lol*
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: Zumer on November 07, 2012, 09:02:27 PM
Congrats, Mike...

     Did you build that gobbler box before or after your conversation w/ MB ??? ::)

     Continued success.....

     
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: AlanKrow on November 08, 2012, 07:05:06 AM
Congrats Mike...
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: gonehuntin982 on November 08, 2012, 07:59:39 PM
Congrats, Mike...

     Did you build that gobbler box before or after your conversation w/ MB ??? ::)

     Continued success.....

     

Zumer thanks for the congrats,the call that I used for this fall gobbler is one that I made back in 2004 and never used it or hunted with it. It's a call that ended up a little deeper than the sound that I like in my calls. It has that gobbler/Jake tone to it and thought I would give it a try in the Pa. woods this fall and it worked out well. How is your fall season going, Hope you got yours, would like to hear about your success.

Mike
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: trb136 on November 10, 2012, 06:21:45 PM
Zum,
  I was talking to Mike and he said you dropped a Turkey with one of his wingbones!! Thats awesome..I have one on order cant wait to get it. Post up a pick of the bone, and the bird I  would love to see it,, I am hoping to drop one with my bone as well...
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: Silverspur on November 11, 2012, 05:55:05 AM
First, congrats to ya Zumer on your fall turkey! Was it a gobbler , Jake or hen? As you once said, this group on here are visual types, post if you have a pic.  Second, I was not aware that Mr. Lapp was making any wingbone calls. I will have to contact him about that and get on his list. Congrats again Zumer and good luck during bear and deer season.

 *up
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: B-Ready on November 11, 2012, 07:01:21 AM
Congrats Mike on a fine fall bird. I didn't know you made wingbone callers either? I need to get on you're list for one of those.  Congrats to Z also... You need to post a picture... We love seeing dead birds man !!
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: missouri turkey on November 12, 2012, 05:27:29 AM
Nice Bird!!!     RkLu    RkLu    *up*    USA
Title: Re: This one has a tail
Post by: WillowRidgeCalls on November 14, 2012, 09:03:27 PM
Congrats on a nice bird Mike.